M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
They are not chrome lined. The barrels are made of chrome moly alloy steel. They are excellent shooters. Criterion does make chrome lined barrels for the M14 and the M1 rifles. Criterion makes high quality chrome lined barrels for the AR15 for Fulton Armory in most styles with chambering that lets you use either .223 or 5.56 ammo. These are only available from Fulton. Have a Great Holiday

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I have a stainless HBAR Criterion AR barrel on my NRA / CMP Service Rifle. It is good. I also have a couple of chrome-moly HBARs in reserve.

I have a 16" hybrid that is chrome lined. It is NOT a GI contour. Ahead of the chamber it has a straight taper up to the front sight / gas port area.

So, they make many configurations, make sure you choose what you want.

By the way, I got the stainless barrel from Creedmoor and the hybrid from Brownells.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So is hybrid a little thicker then the usgi contour, but not as thick as the HBAR? According to brownells website they say the barrel is chrome lined in one of the Q&A sections.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I really like the looks of the Hybrid.. I think this is what I'm going to Build my Seekins Billet upper and lower with.. Now.. 18 or 20 inch???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts