M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are using the criterion 18.5" medium weight chrome lined barrels? What kind of performance are you getting?

I am thinking this is the barrel I want to rebarrel my m1a with.

How much heavier is this barrel over a standard weight 22" barrel?

I have considered the standard weight 18.5" barrel from sei with m80ht, but for the price it's hard to beat the criterion, especially since I want a medium weight.

Also, would you trust a local gunsmith to install the barrel to a sai reciever? He has always done nice work in the past and says he can install the cl barrel, especially since my m1a already has a usgi cl barrel on it. I would also be having him unitize the gas system. The other less desirable option is to send my m1a off to a smith from this site.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
That is my fav barrel on an M1A/M14. With the SEI GLFS and Vortex it's not much longer than a SOCOM, and scoped they will take care of Biz as far as you need. Here is a pic of my old LRB I sold to a member here. It was a tack driver. 6x Burris Mini, Sadlak Mount.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have LRB M25 with 18.5 chrome lined 1 in 11 med. weight Criterion. I can consistently hit steel out to 480 yds. with ball ammo. I highly recommend it. GI2

As far as shipping UPS is usually best, but ask your smith what he prefers .

dragonfly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts