M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GI fiberglass stock from Freds and noticed a while back that it has a crack on the right side fore end. I know this is probably a dumb question, but will this adversely affect accuracy? :oops: 8O

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Hey Tygerpaw.... yes it ver well could effect accuracy.... however just how much is hard to say. mostly it would effect the strength of the forend when slinging up. Most cracks in synthetic stocks are easily repaired.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Good question,not dumb. Some folks ask questions to push uthers buttons etc,these folks here are good and I saw it posted somewhere on here There aint no such thang as a dumb Question.
I ask about tools and cleaning and got good info, I ought to already know but did not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. When I went shooting the other day, it seemed like I felt a vibration through the stock that seemed like it could have been due to that crack. I would think this flexing would move the action. I think I need to get another stock :( Or should I try to repair it? Any tips?

Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
degrease it really well and get some fiberglas repair stuff and have at it. if it needs to be an ugly repair, well then, you'll just have to camo it, won't you? :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.