M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fingers get a little cramped up when Trimming Brass , so I do it in small batches , well got tired of having to string out my Trimming , so I had some free , well not really free , because I paid for new Tires on my Truck , but I got some $ back in the form of a Credit card ( electronic) , purchased a new cutter for the LE Wilson trimmer & while I was at it , I also got the Power attachment for it . Then went to HD & got a Ryobi rechargeable battery operated screw driver to drive the attachment & it works great , Its got a 1/4" drive for the 1/4" Power adaptor & I just shove it on to trim & pull it off for the next one , may come up with a movable platform in the future , but this is working great , no more cranking over .

I also purchased some Case Lube , spray on type ,like my Dillon spray Lube , which I was almost out of , its Midsouth Shooters Supply's own brand & has the same ingredients as Dillon , so it should wok .
DC4C9D1D-50B4-48CF-A803-4C91EE862567.jpeg 10FC1DA1-1F5C-4E18-9E31-DF37158B5F68.jpeg 6753D03E-3E08-40C7-BE3E-3D543186B9BC.jpeg DE7059B9-1CBB-4CB1-988F-CADFD43B5F3F.jpeg B4A63B9D-FD2B-4FAA-92FE-60B190B4EAA6.jpeg

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Looking good. Excellent step up. I went from a Lyman power trimmer to the Giraud and am a very happy camper.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adding this adaptor to my LE Wilson Trimmer makes for faster Trimming & no fatigue like with turning the small hand crank that it comes with , I can't believe I went all these years with the hand crank . I'm doing 300 223 cases & I went through a hundred in so little time , I wanted to tackle a hundred more , but it was late & I just wanted to test this set up doing a large number of cases to see what fatigue I suffered . With the hand crank , I would just do about 15-20 cases & come back later & do another set & so on . Makes it so it's no longer a chore , what an upgrade ! My Wife was even impressed 😏

I also used the Midsouth brand of Case Lub on the 300 cases & it worked as good as the Dillon Case Lub , so happy there also .

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
I like the Wilson trimmer. It’s precise and gives a nice clean cut. I mount mine to a 6”x10”x1” piece of pine. Then I c clamp it to the workspace when I want to trim, when finished it goes back on the shelf to clear the workspace for other use.

I haven’t been able to find any carbide cutters for it. Seems like they used to offer it in the past. Maybe it lasted too long and Wilson figured they could make more money selling non carbide cutters.
If you locate any sources for a carbide cutter let me know.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They do show TIN coated Cutter ,but some ofd the reviews I have seen is that they wear out too quickly , not to sure of that , doesn't make much sense , but you never know .I sharpen my Cutter every once in a while when it starts to give off flakes instead or shavings . I purchased a new Cutter Head with this Adaptor .

You could be right about the Carbide Cutter head , but it could also be the expense of them & they didn't sell to good .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts