M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I counted three outright false statements, and one misleading statement. See how many you can find!
(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any eye injuries caused by eye-rolling while reading this article.)

Registered
Barf. 馃ぁ Typical LE ass clown. Has no concept of the 2nd Amendment. Probably never in the military. Joined the police for the meal ticket and pension. He clearly has been digesting everything the left wing LE establishment has been feeding him, as he thinks he has more rights than a civilian.

I will also add that this is my first day off in a week and I'm on my 3rd dry gin martini. 馃嵏

Registered
Unfortunately, this article will be embraced by many as completely reasonable. Ex cop, hunter, NRA member, gun owner, "why, he's a reasonable man!", and he will sound reasonable to those who agree with his thinking and to the ignorant of which this country has in large numbers when it comes to guns.

As a cop he should know that the guns used in the infamous shootout in LA had modified their guns to shoot full auto, illegally of course. Funny he left that out and referred to them as semi automatic rifles. Purposeful?
How many times have we heard such statements start out with, "I am an NRA member myself and a hunter". Almost surprised he didnt borrow Ol Joeys favorite refrain, "the deer arent wearing Kevlar vests for Gods Sake!"

Registered
The police in Uvalde were an abject failure. But don鈥檛 worry, the government is very good at covering up the truth. As far as AR鈥檚 go what about the Mini 14? And concerning self defense, I鈥檒l take an AR any day.

Premium Member
And from the Man himself we have this little gem.

Vice President Joe Biden might want to have a talk with his son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, before he makes another public statement about guns.
In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.
"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said.
"You don't need an AR-15鈥攊t's harder to aim," he added, "it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

Registered
The statements below from the article stand out to me. This guy should be a "CNN Hero", and a poster child for CNN (Communist News Network) and "common sense gun control".

Give me a break -

"I own one. And one thing I know for sure is that this weapon doesn't belong in the hands of the average civilian." - you can have one, because you are special.

"Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, "We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That's part of our Second Amendment right." Personally, I think that's ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle." - Americans don't need justification.

"Banning these powerful weapons from the civilian marketplace is a no-brainer, as are universal background checks. Neither move is going to solve all the gun problems that we have, but it would be a start." - ya, it's a start.

"And outlawing these AR-15s would not require confiscating them from people who already have them. Once you've made these weapons illegal, anyone found with one would be subject to arrest, since possession of these weapons would be a crime. I think it's likely that you would see a lot of people opting to turn them in." - don't "confiscate" just make it illegal to possess.

"If banning them outright seems like too extreme a solution to be politically palatable, here's another option: Reclassify semi-automatic rifles as Class 3 firearms. " - and just make it really difficult, and expensive, to own.

"I can't overstate how dangerous it is to have semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15 in the hands of civilians."

I think you have.

Registered
And outlawing these AR-15s would not require confiscating them from people who already have them. Once you've made these weapons illegal, anyone found with one would be subject to arrest, since possession of these weapons would be a crime. I think it's likely that you would see a lot of people opting to turn them in.
I guess this moron has never read the U.S. Constitution. In two separate areas -

Article I, Section 9, Clause iii -
No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
Further down -
Article I, Section 10, Clause I
No state shall...pass any bill of attainder, ex post facto law,...
Just as "high capacity" magazines can't really be banned, the mere ownership of an AR-15 is not illegal. The genie is out of the bottle.

Registered
It's CNN. I automatically count every single word as false, based on long experience. We don't even know if this guy is really an ex cop, hunter, and NRA member. Leftists have a long history of lying about their credentials in opinion columns. This person could be a card carrying member of Everytown and PETA who spent their entire career as an assistant in a flower shop, for all we know.

Registered
It's CNN. I automatically count every single word as false, based on long experience. We don't even know if this guy is really an ex cop, hunter, and NRA member. Leftists have a long history of lying about their credentials in opinion columns. This person could be a card carrying member of Everytown and PETA who spent their entire career as an assistant in a flower shop, for all we know.
Exactly my sentiments about this and the Clinton News Network!

Registered
How are we gonna differentiate between "Average" & "Entitled"?
Who gets to make that Decision?
And am I gonna have to Class 3 register ALL my Garands, M14s & Carbines?
What about ALL my .22 rimfire semi autos?
Your gonna put me in the poor house!
But I do agree with only one of his statements- the AR is a poor choice for self defense compared to a Shotgun!;)

Registered
I have ARs coz I cannot afford that many M14-rifles. LOL! Gotta admit though- the ARs are sporting some serious . The question is how to keep the deranged from ever coming into contact w/ one. The only easy way is to arm everyone so when the usual prick acts out, we can neutralize immediately.

I intend to get a shotgun - SPAS-12

Reactions: dbell54

Registered
That will be a waste of ammo to shoot it in the air. Better to empty it into a home invader - more environmentally friendly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And from the Man himself we have this little gem.

Vice President Joe Biden might want to have a talk with his son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, before he makes another public statement about guns.
In a Facebook "chat" Tuesday, the vice president said that he had advised his wife, Jill, to fire a shotgun in the air from their Delaware home's porch if she was concerned for her safety.
"I said, 'Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'" Biden said.
"You don't need an AR-15鈥攊t's harder to aim," he added, "it's harder to use, and in fact you don't need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun! Buy a shotgun!"

I remember this moronic advice.

Go outside? Make yourself a target, and if you see the "problem" and kill it, many states will not see shooting someone in your yard a self defense. It will at least make the likelihood of having to go to trial.

Shoot two blasts into the air? Ugh. And with a double-bbl, now you have to reload.

ARs are harder to aim? Dubious, at best. I wonder if he thinks shot spreads out at 10-20 yards.

When he said "get a shotgun" a few yeas ago, I was somewhat encouraged, but I assumed he meant a pump, or at least a semi-auto. A double barrel?

"Seek out wise counsel" means someone who knows the topic. I don't ask my lawyer what he thinks of a certain pistol. I'll ask him for legal advice, but if I want firearm-related advice, there are a lot of people here (and on other firearm forums for that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The police in Uvalde were an abject failure. But don鈥檛 worry, the government is very good at covering up the truth. As far as AR鈥檚 go what about the Mini 14? And concerning self defense, I鈥檒l take an AR any day.
I have mentioned this to anti-gunners to show them how worthless the AWB was. Some see my point, but one accused me of splitting hairs.

For self defense, I lean toward the Mini-14, but I'm happy with an AR. I have a Mini-14 and three ARs -- one is a .233-only target HB rifle, so I have the choice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How are we gonna differentiate between "Average" & "Entitled"?
Money and connections!

Who gets to make that Decision?
Low-level government employees, with "guidance" from superiors.

And am I gonna have to Class 3 register ALL my Garands, M14s & Carbines?
Garands, maybe. M14s and Carbines(M1, right?) Yep! I have seen several gun-ban lists, and M1 Carbines are on them more often than not.

What about ALL my .22 rimfire semi autos?
They will be OK. For now...

Your gonna put me in the poor house!
I think that is the intent.

But I do agree with only one of his statements- the AR is a poor choice for self defense compared to a Shotgun!;)
I think that's a matter of opinion. Are you trying to start a Holy War?!? ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts