1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I dunno, I have mixed feelings about this. I'm a LEO and benefited from federal legislation to carry in 50 states. But what the feds give, the feds can give away.

But anything that empowers law abiding folks to protect themselves and increases legal firearms on the streets benefits society.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I suspect it will get a lot of push back from California. Especially Feinstein and Boxer.

The legislators are not reasonable in this state.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Feinstein is probably more interested in her loss of campaign monies.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Personally I’d like for this to fail on states righs issues. Now hear me out if they defeated it on state rights then, Obama care would be done, it violates state rights , EPA done, violates state rights, gun control acts of 1986, 1968 and 1934 bye, bye. Think of the possibilities of everything that could be rolled back.

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,082 Posts
Personally I’d like for this to fail on states rights issues. Now hear me out if they defeated it on state rights then, Obama care would be done, it violates state rights , EPA done, violates state rights, gun control acts of 1986, 1968 and 1934 bye, bye. Think of the possibilities of everything that could be rolled back.[/QUOTE]

And the price of gasoline as well?

But for everyone to be able to cross so many different state lines and still be able to carry would be wonderful.DI5

·
Registered
87 Posts
Law enforcement organizations say it will be tougher for officers to determine which guns are on the streets legally or illegally, well that's a no brainer just make it possible to check your ccw license as fast as they can check your drivers license. is that too much for the government to accomplish or is it too far ahead in technology for them?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I remember getting in some trouble some years ago in NEW JERSEY when i got stopped for speeding and the state trooper saw my CCW. at first he thought it was a second drivers license then when i told him it was my carry permit he flew off the handle asking were the "guns" were and why i could have a gun and so on. i did not have one on me because i knew i could not have one in NJ but he could not get over the fact i had a CCW, much less any guns. 2 hours later after they search my truck and trailer and all the other state troopers left (7 of them)i got my speeding ticket and was on my way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.