M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering building an M14/M1A from a barreled action. How much money should I budget for the parts to complete the rifle with a 4.5 lb trigger group and a plain-jane wood stock? From whom should I buy the parts necessary to complete the rifle?

All I care about is putting rounds down range in hopefully 1.5 MOA or better. I'm not interested in building a showpiece or a historic replica. I plan on shooting the bejeezus out of the rifle.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

·
Registered
263 Posts
Place ads in the PX forum here (buy-sell-trade) section.

Tell em what you want in your ad and someone will hook you up im sure.

And also see whats for sale there too.

Youngblood

·
Registered
222 Posts
In my opinion, the LRB package with barreled receiver and headspaced bolt with the small parts installed is a great deal. All you need then would be complete gas cylinder, upper band, trigger group, operating rod, and stock. The cost, in addition to cost of barreled action, would be approximately $600-$800. Maybe less or maybe more, depends on the deals you get for the parts.

You mentioned wanting accuracy of 1.5 inches at 100 yards and desiring a 4 1/2 # trigger pull. To get the 4 1/2# trigger pull, you'll need to get one of the builders to do the triger work. Also, you may want to have the gas cylinder and upper band utilized.

Joe A.

·
Registered
900 Posts
For a lot of your parts I recommend contacting Elmer Balance
He's pretty well stocked in everything and
well, He's the king :D
Call him at 830-663-5105

·
Registered
900 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot
Staring with a barreled receiver and I assume no bolt
I'd guess you're looking at about $700-$900 for all the parts you need and 100-200 bucks to have it put together
150 oprod
125 bolt
100 trigger group
115 unitized gas cylinder
85 front & rear sights
75 flash suppressor or muzzlebrake
75 assorted other parts like bolt stop, guides springs
Magazines 25 per and you can never have too many magazines ;)

You may do better or worse on this but you will have to do a lot of scouting to really beat these figures and then you have to figure what is your time worth.

Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
795 Posts
Getting a complete weapon form LRB is a good suggestion - If you want to collect you own parts - I also Highly reccomend Elmer for the larger parts. I would suggest Cluade at www.raparts.com for the smaller parts, great customer service and is Very honest. For the Build, you will find several on these boards that will do you a good job. I have talked to and been to Ted Browns shop - its is my opinion you will not find a better builder or person to complete your build - if you want someone to talk to and take time to explain - Ted is your man. He or for that matter any builder on these boards are as close as your UPS person. Ted can be reached at 541-899-8109. If you call Elmer - keep in mind he is 75 and be patient on getting your parts - talking to him is half the fun - he IS the REAL deal on the weapons BTW - his parts are getting low in numbers. Enjoy your search/hunt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.