M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you guys finally did it to me. I now stand before you a corrupted soul, and brought over to the dark side of the platform. I blame this first on Geeck, with his blatant flounting of his Sage EBR when he comes to my house to shoot, then the one known as No Expert, who shamelessly showed his version of the modern platform in every post he's made, via his avatar sign off pic. Mercilessly he continued to do so, even after he was made aware of this. Then there was the thread about turning a fiberglass stock from G.I. to modern that caught my fancy, the part about being inexpensive especially. And then the rest of you reprobate 3 gunners that posted the match wins with Socoms and the like....yeah, thats right, ...You know who you are !......And so, it is too late to turn back now, because the funds have been disbursed, and the product will be forthcoming.

Product you say ? Yes, the Sage M14 ALCS EBR in black. Thaaat's right, I did it. Now, please no laughter, when I come back a few weeks from now and ask some dummy question about what I have screwed up on, because I did not ask it to begin with. Anyone that has any personal experiences from something that went wrong before, it would be nice to know exactly what to look for upon initial inspection and opening the container when it arrives. Speaking of containers....I don't know if I can contain myself, and I am certain there will be no sleep from now till it's arrival. I can't believe an old man like myself, could be this excited about a hunk of aluminum. But I am, so there, I said it....I feel much better now. Tips and advice, gladly taken and appreciated.

It will be supporting my newest build endeavor, of a forged receiver from 762MM and an all TRW, including barrel. I purchased another ARMS mount for scoping but was wondering if anyone uses the rear pic piece to mount rings directly where the clip guide is removed, and the rail forward, or does that line up. I already have a clip guide pic rail piece handy...or whatever you call that new fangled thing. Just rings and no mount,...anyone ?

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Rip, SAY IT ISN"T SO! Not another lost to the dark side.ALCOHOLIC1

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Is there any help for the rest of us when a staunch traditionalist like Ripsaw can be drawn to the dark side?

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
I never would have believed this in a million years! We've got to develop a vaccine to stop this virus once and for all. I'm even surprised the moderators didn't delete the thread before more forum members were seduced. All I can say is RIP Rip GI2

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Just changing stocks my rifle has lost 4 pounds. The Mod 1 weighs about the same as a GI stock, I'm liking it a lot. Eventually when I shoot out this barrel I'll change to a standard weight 18 or 18.5 inch barrel, probably a Criterion 18.5 inch. I think you're going to like it Rip, there's a small adjustment period but it lasts about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
NO Expert, you have been secretly or not so secretively spreading this virus! Now I am infected!

No really, your change has inspired me and I will be getting a Sage in the near future.MCORPS1

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Well, I am a Cancer...

The hardest part for me was deciding between Mod 0 and Mod 1... 2 less pounds made the Mod 1 the winner. Seriously, when I got my box of joy I thought I'd been robbed since it didn't feel heavy enough.

To be honest, when I first saw the Sage I almost threw up in my mouth, I thought it was hideous. Wait, I still think it's hideous. But I have been beat down to where I finally believe form follows function. 4 less pounds, mechanical bedding, instantly adjustable LOP, storage compartments, rails (although I really only need a bottom rail) and I even like the colour.

There are a few places in CA that stock and sell the Mod 0 but only Clyde has the Mod 1 so you'll need to finesse getting one here...

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys sooo funny....lmao....30 minutes huh....thats doable..the virus has infected me though. Yes I have been a very staunch traditionalist in the past, but I like learning new stuff about everything. The only things I've heard so far is a few canted op rod block screws, and the heavy barrels not fitting it. I talked to Sage yesterday, and Tammy told me that the newest version is now $ 787.00, as Lee told us, its been lightened up.....of course ! I buy one and they come out with an improved version, I get the old one....grrrr.....well, the extra weight did save me 68 bucks. I had really wanted to get the original kind that went all the way up to the spindle valve area, I liked the way it looked better than the shortened version....sissy S.E.A.L.'S can't handle the weight !!!....haa hha ha....No ,just kiddin guys, don't send blue team here to my house....I'll post you guys some pics when I'm done....Hey HAT, I need one them fancy dancy slings like all the youngsters use, so I can hang it cross my front, dangling. Maybe geeck will post the link for me to find one, he gave it to me in email but my account is fried from virus...the other kind!DI5

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
You guys sooo funny....lmao....30 minutes huh....thats doable..the virus has infected me though. Yes I have been a very staunch traditionalist in the past, but I like learning new stuff about everything. The only things I've heard so far is a few canted op rod block screws, and the heavy barrels not fitting it. I talked to Sage yesterday, and Tammy told me that the newest version is now $ 787.00, as Lee told us, its been lightened up.....of course ! I buy one and they come out with an improved version, I get the old one....grrrr.....well, the extra weight did save me 68 bucks. I had really wanted to get the original kind that went all the way up to the spindle valve area, I liked the way it looked better than the shortened version....sissy S.E.A.L.'S can't handle the weight !!!....haa hha ha....No ,just kiddin guys, don't send blue team here to my house....I'll post you guys some pics when I'm done....Hey HAT, I need one them fancy dancy slings like all the youngsters use, so I can hang it cross my front, dangling. Maybe geeck will post the link for me to find one, he gave it to me in email but my account is fried from virus...the other kind!DI5
Don't know what you need a sling for Rip. It will only get in your way holding the rifle sideways to shoot like in the movies. If you try (like some youngsters) to hold the rifle over your head to shoot you might hang yourself on a sling! GI2

·
Banned
253 Posts

I talked to Sage yesterday, and Tammy told me that the newest version is now $ 787.00, as Lee told us, its been lightened up.....of course ! I buy one and they come out with an improved version, I get the old one....grrrr.....well, the extra weight did save me 68 bucks.
You need to confirm this, but I think you can buy the AR style butt stock from SAGE in kit form.

And congratulations!!!

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know what you need a sling for Rip. It will only get in your way holding the rifle sideways to shoot like in the movies. If you try (like some youngsters) to hold the rifle over your head to shoot you might hang yourself on a sling! GI2
Heh heh heh.....Yeah ,most likely. No, the reason I wanted one really, was because you should have seen Geeck use that thing !! He is one dangerous Hombre let me tell ya.

I need it to use like he does, for transition work from rifle to sidearm, he is smooth and fast. He can go from engagement with rifle, to engagement with sidearm, in the blink of an eye....and then back to rifle as fast almost.....He makes Shugart look slow.

He has that EBR up in firing position and when transition time comes, he throws that sucker up and back like throwing it away, it goes around his body over the right shoulder and neck, now its hanging rightside up on his back like an Indians bow. Then he snatches his pistol and goes to work before the rifle even quits moving, matter of fact, when the rifle is in the air by his right ear and headed rearward, he is already firing with his 1911 .45.....then a quick holster move and a fast reach around to his left hip, with his left hand, where the butt of the rifle is waiting to be retrieved, another quick spin move on it, throwing it up to meet his incoming right hand from the holstering of the pistol , and it is on his shoulder and engaging again....Totally awesome, to use you youngsters terminology.

This will increase my 3-Gun match scores greatly, of course with range officers at different clubs, this would be just for practice, the rifle would have to be dismounted and placed or laid down facing downrange for safety.

I'll say this much, I would definately not want to be on the side that was against him and his crew. Especially if he trained them.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Rip, do you have a video of Geeck do this maneuver? I've got one of a friend on his wedding night but Geeck sounds like he'd be a lot more entertaining!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
"The Force is Strong in You"

Welcome to the World of the Modern Day M14 Rifle Platform ripsaw of owning a Sage EBR stock.DI5

You say the "Dark Side".......maybe, you say "Infectious bug, disease, or addiction"........I say a big fat Yes!!.

In any case......you like many Sage EBR enthusiasts has seen the light at the end of the tunnel. OOORah!!!GI1

I Suggest when you complete your Sage M14 ALCS EBR in black, you recite the USMC Rifleman's Creed / Sage EBR.GI2

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Rip, I wasn't kidding about the video, I really would like to see Geeck do his thing!

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, HH...next time we meet up at poplarville or here, will do....I don't have any video of it right now....Thanks M1A Zip !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts