M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Banned
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My banner ad was removed from m14forum.com 3 months early & it's no mistake.
Warbird's claim is false as I added an additional 7 days to his contract in anticipation of this type of behavior when his posting priveleges were suspended. I have the original PMs that discuss the expiration of his banner back on 5 Feb 07. After his stated intentions of renewing it, I put the banner back up on 15 Feb 07 and made the expiration date 22 Feb 08. Exactly one year and 7 days.

At no time have I ever removed an ad prior to it's expiration date.

· Registered
3,609 Posts
I don't want to know the drama.....

Warbird, as with other smiths that have contributed to the forum here, are an important part of the biz. I hope that time will heal, and good sense among all parties will prevail.

Here's to a mutually beneficial conclusion.

· Registered
604 Posts
I do know the cause of the drama, and honestly I'm ashamed it's come to this.

I have the utmost of respect for the Admin here and for Warbird as well. But really, this has come to be such a childish quarrel and no one involved is without blame.

· Forever Remembered - RIP
2,117 Posts
here's a tip:

there is absolutely NO UPSIDE to getting in the middle of someone's domestic dispute

these guys will work it out in their own way and time,

life's too short to do otherwise

· Registered
342 Posts
Whatever the backstory is, it's not responsible for him to take it to another public forum, especially in that manor. It looks bad on him, it looks bad for this board, and it looks bad for Battlerifles.com for not killing it.

Nobody wins.

· Registered
604 Posts
Six,
I'm sorry if I made it sound like I knew the whole story, I do not. I have had no communication with any of this site's admin or Warbird about the issue, but I do believe I know the thread that started this ball rolling.

You and Hawk run a tight ship, and it happens to be my favorite ship on the net. From my dealings with Warbird and some of the comments from others I've read, I know Tim can an abrasive personality. I'm sure his particular choice of words didn't help this situation any.

However, if I'm not mistaken the post that lead to this hullabaloo was no more than him posting an issue he discovered with a product that was offered here through a group buy. A group buy I gladly participated in and for the record, I had completely different results than Tim posted warnings about. I also clearly cataloged my results in the same thread.

I'm sorry some people took Tim's post as an attack or were offended by it. Again that's probably due to Tim's poor choice of wording, and not any malicious intent. Again, this is my perception, and I don't want to make excuses for the way Tim handled himself.

The main reason I'm upset by this issue is because TFL is the premier site for M14 information. The more top notch smiths that hang out here to share their information the better off we all are. With the ouster of Warbird this site lost some thing. I am mourning this loss.

I certainly didn't mean any offence to you, Hawk or any of the Mods on this site. And I truly do hope this issue can be resolved in the future.

Thank you for letting me vent, rant off.

You have a great weekend as well. Lets all go shooting and forget about this trouble.

· Registered
5,172 Posts
Not taking sides here.

Just wanted to say that I visit (to a greater extent on some that others) several forums.

The way this forum is watched over, controlled (by controlled I mean the way the mods. keep things on an even keel rather than letting them get out of hand) and the way the mods communicate with the members is head and shoulders above any other forum I'm a member of.

No, I don't know either side of this situation, but past experience here and other forums give me faith that things were handled the best way they could be handled and no one was unfairly treated.

Don't agree? Visit some other forums and watch the childish behaviour that is tolerated and even encouraged on some of them.

The folks here (members and mods) are just about the nicest and most polite folks I've ever shared a forum with. I have nothing to gain, or lose, here, just showing my appreciation for the atmosphere here.

Thanks.

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Well ...

All I can say here is that NONE of you know the ENTIRE story here so I do not know how you can say you are aware of all the drama unless you heard only the one side from a particular individual. Admin and staff has always held strongly onto their ideals and ethics and choose not to sling mud or say one single negative word to the general membership with regards to what has transpired over several years and we all know that there are TWO SIDES to every story but you will not hear ours. We are not like that.

There have been other times and instances here on this board as well when folks here thought that admin and staff here have made the wrong decsision(s) and/or acted to harshly but then if you only knew what we knew you would probably feel differently and understand why we did what we had to do.

So some of you can think what you will about how bad we treat people here when they pull their stunts as you are entitled to your opinion but if you only knew "the rest of the story" (as Paul Harvey would say) you would probably injure yourself after your bottom jaw would hit the floor.

Have a pleasant evening and a great weekend.

Six
That says it all to me.

· Registered
217 Posts
Warbird's signature on battlerifles.com

I do know the cause of the drama, and honestly I'm ashamed it's come to this.

I have the utmost of respect for the Admin here and for Warbird as well. But really, this has come to be such a childish quarrel and no one involved is without blame.
Several years ago Hawk and I got into a "childish quarrel". He will never accept responsibility and always places the blame on the other person. I will not go into details.
I can understand why Warbird would leave this site!

· Registered
554 Posts
Wow, I just thought warbird had been really busy at work all this time. I don't know the story and don't care, just hope the problem can be resolved. I really like hearing warbird's oppinions and advice. About what was said on another forum, who cares, it was on another forum and could have easily been taken out of text, hey that is what the 1st amendment is for. If you can't follow the rules here then you pay the price, I think the admins do a great job of warning of not following the rules. I also enjoy the friendlt enviroment here, so many other forums get out of hand and childish. Well I hope all gets worked out in the end. I don't know either side of the story and just hope both parties can work out their differences. Come on guys let's sit back have a glass of scotch and enjoy a good cigar and move on with life, no need to insult anyone.

· Registered
365 Posts
I am sorry to hear this.

I always thought that Warbird provided significant positive contributions to the forum.

I hope it can be worked out so we can someday again enjoy Warbirds insights and armory skills here on this forum.

Peace.

· Banned
11,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A message from the staff

We (the staff) just wanted to reiterate our policy here of not dragging anyone through the mud. Please let it suffice to say that Warbird was afforded every opportunity to rectify the situation, but chose not to. He left us no alternative but to carry through with the suspension of his posting priveleges.

We would also like to say that this in no way is a reflection on his talents as a gunsmith, but only has to do with his actions here on the forum.

We do appreciate the membership, especially during trying times such as these, but also realize that the smooth running of the forum is paramount in our priority as staff members.
Although a shame that it had to be done, our feeling is that we will all be better for it in the long run.

We sincerely wish Warbird all the best in his endeavors. We're sure he'll be missed.

The moderator staff and admin.

· "Staff Alumni"
1,321 Posts
Wow,
If I weren't welcome I'd just leave. Whats the point of hanging around.
BINGO!!! But leave quietly. Six and Hawk and the rest of the Mods value every membership. The rules they have set up are simple and not up for discussion. Ive seen hundered of infractions resolved in private with tact and politeness and professionalism. No one in the open forum ever hears a bout it and life goes on. But then there are the few,who start airing dirty laundry out in the open because they just dont get it When it get as far as banning, the crap gets aired on other sits and out in open forum here. Now it becomes everyone elses problem. I sure dont want to hear it and I am sure most of you dont either. I am sure Hawk and Six dont want to hear it out on the open forum because believe me they have tryed to resolve what ever the problem is in private(where it should be and should stay). But what can they do about it. What they should do and lock it down because it is no one elses business but theirs and the individusal involved. Then come the acusations of sensurship blah blah blah.A very imature game to get other member involved in a problem that is not theirs to begin with. The sad fact is a few members fall for this adding fuel to the flames I dont like reading other peoples messes wether its their fault or not. After all it is Hawks site and his simple rules. Its funny how 99.9% of the members can abide and have fun here. If you cant suck it up like a man, be profesional and leave quietly and let Hawk and the rest of us enjoy our stay here. We will still be here long after you have left whether you wnat to cry about it or not.

· Registered
5,172 Posts
Folks, you don't know how good it is here. Awhile back I belonged to a forum that tore itself apart with politics, disruptive behavior and down right dirty actions by several people, some in positions of authority within the forum. Eventually the forum split up, one side temporarily shut down, restarted (but as only a glimmer of what it once was) and then finally renamed. A lot of good folks got fed up (one way or the other) and went their separate ways.

I was a sort of outside member of another forum that I visit because those guys sometimes have some really thought provoking info on shooting real rifles in tactical situations. That forum recently went through a couple periods of similar verbal warfare and it is now shut down and has left many of us who thought it was a worthwhile forum to belong to and participate on wondering what happened and if it will ever come back.

After belonging here for a year and half I don't believe we'll ever go through that type of political/egotistical BS here and loose the good thing we all have going here.

Let it go. It's for the best.

· Registered
2,190 Posts
I can't even stomache visiting most of the other forums. They all seem to be more like junior high school. This forum is as professional as they get.

I hope Tim will rejoin us at some time, but also hope the mod/staff will keep things running as tight as they have in the past.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.