M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here of these guys? Apparently, they got the barrel contract for the USMC DMR M14.

From a public notice:

The Marine Corps Systems Command, Code CBG, has found through testing of numberous rifle barrels that the Cooper Precision Manufacturing Barrel is the only commercially available item which meets the requirements for the barrel of the Designated Marksman Rifle. These barrels were also found to be able to fire three times the amount of rounds with less wear then any of the other commercially available barrels tested.
link

I don't know about y'all, but I wouldn't mind having a match grade barrel that would last three times as long as a Krieger. Heck, that would be almost as long as a chrome lined USGI barrel. FWIW, I read that the Marine snipers were consistenly shooting sub MOA at 1,000yds with M118LR out of their DMR M14s when they were developing the M118LR.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Well, they're in Oak Ridge, TN. Give them a call & see if they'll make extras for commercial sale.

·
Registered
846 Posts
notice that the contract was for 278 barrels back in 1998. i would bet these have all been used up. even with 3 times the service life all would have probably been replaced by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.