M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you might have already seen these but they just came to my attention by way of BR member Siverfox and I though you all might enjoy. They are from the armytimes website.

Best regards, T

·
Registered
15 Posts
You have to love it when the Army's newest fighting force, the Stryker Brigade has to issue a battle rifle that some would say was outdated in the 60s. The Stryker Brigade has the newest vehicles and the latest technology in automation, and it looks like some of this technology has made its way down to the old M14. Anyone know the source of the front rail system they are using? They did not have these when I was with the Brigade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That rail system[RAS] is from Knight Armaments and is a military item only at this time and there is word from the company that when all the military orders are completed that it will be available to the civillian market I have seen pictures of this RAS on other boards (gun nutz)
it will provide for a lower scope mounting than current scope mounts currently do ie Brookfield,ARMS and Smith Enterprise's I will get the picture and post on this board ASAP,those Pictures are Excellent thanks for posting them
Wayne

·
Registered
177 Posts
corrections

Have a similar setup on my M1A scout. The sight in the picture is an EO-TECH model 552 N.V. compatible holosight. I have one and I think it's better than the Aimpoint series and for the money ($300-$400)it is well worth it.
The long rifle in the top picture has to be the Army's version of the venerable Remington 700. Good to see a sniper/spotter team both carrying 7.62/51. In the Corps our spotters carry standard M16A2.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
TB,
Thanks for the aditional pics!! Could you imagine that that setup on one of Hawk's "tac stocks" !!! that would look MEAN!! :twisted:

Phil

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it’s a cool mount and it’s built by Knight so it’s not going to be any flimsy POS but I’m not an operator and don’t know if it would be something I’d really want. Maybe it’ll grow on me though.

Best regards, T

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.