M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious where every one gets there components. I usually try to buy locally but at times what I need is not on the shelf. Most of the time just finding my preferred bullets is the problem. I have a buddy that works at the LGS and he sets my preferred powder back for me. Ive ordered from midway and brownells.

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
I try to buy powder and primers at LGS or gun shows. That way the HazMat fees are already paid for. Look for bulk deals on bullets and free shipping coupons from Brownells, Midway, Wideners, MidSouth, etc. Powder Valley usually has good prices.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I support my LGS's. Unless you drop $500+ on a hazmat purchase there is no substantial savings over local purchases of powders and primers. I am actually seeing powder prices slowly pulling back at the local levels I payed $179 for an 8lb keg of Varget, i'm paying about $31/K for primers. I like Grafs and Midsouth for my specialty bullets, and I also buy bullets through the forum classifieds.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I follow the general rule for buying all things firearms related these days. If you see it/CAN find it, and the price is fair (at least in your opinion) BUY IT!

When I see what I want locally, I buy it. When they are out, I go hunting online. Midway recently ran one of those "Spend so much on CCI primers and we waive the Hazmat fee" deals. Couldn't find Small Pistol primers locally, so got a coworker to go in on it. 3000 SP and another 1000 LP primers showed up shortly thereafter, and my coworker saved about $10 and got 2000 SP primers for himself. Not a SMOKIN deal, but a little cheaper than they would have been locally, and they were there.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I pick up powder local unless buying in bulk, then usually Powder Valley. I also like Grafs, and Mid-South Shooters Supply both have fast delivery of items.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bulk when we can, go in with some others so the fees aren't that bad, from time to time there are sales, like no Hazmat fee's, etc. Generally buy from Recob's which has WW-231 / HP-38 more often than the others, but also use, 3rd generation, midsouthshooters, Wideners, Powdervalley last, and not sent to my lovely state..
-Rock

·
Registered
79 Posts
3rd Generation is the retail side of Gene Sears Supply out of El Reno, Ok.
My club has a wholesale acct through Sears that we order most everything from.
Everyone in the club can set up their own sub account and order online.
They run a delivery loop from El Reno through Dallas/ Ft Worth every other week.
No tax, no hazmat and no shipping charges.

Also watch Shooters Pro Shop for deals on Nosler stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.