M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you AR junkies. I am really not into the modern semi-autos (cannot afford one, LOL) anyhow, as I was reading through shotgun news, came across ads for complete AR kits minius lower reciever, stripped. Ok, now I am no dummy but if you have a complete kit, why in the world would you have minus lower reciever?
Ok, say I bought the AR kits, what else would I need?
thanks

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Lowers have the serial number and thus are needed to be transferred via an ffl. parts kits are just parts and anyone can buy them through the mail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's because you don't need a FFL to sell the parts kits minus lower receiver.

As far as what else you need, it depends on how the kit comes. If the barrel is already installed, you would just need some basic hand tools to assemble the parts on the lower.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
There is more to these kits then mentioned above. 1st off,the lower receiver is considered the firearm and not included..Now,that said,,the recent kits that have come back into this country do NOT include original Colt GI barrels. They have been IDed to Green Mountain in most cases and are in the white,,and do NOT have the front sight base installed.This requires a jig for proper placement of the FSB,,then drilling and taper reaming with # 2 taper ream to install the FSB correctly.Then you still need to get the barrel assembly parked. Most of the kits are pretty complete minus the full auto disconnect and full auto sear assembly.In some cases,other full auto parts are not included.In the case of the trigger,hammer,and selector,they can be easily "neutered" to semi only.Seen below.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
PS,,some of the companies that were selling the kits would also offer them with the FSB installed and barrel parked at an added expense,,but again,not GI original barrels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.