M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend and I travelled to Camp Perry recently and upon visiting subject's store on commercial row had them install one of their triggers in my AR15 and while there showed my friend CLE's 22 upper system. We both shoot match grade 22's ranging from 40X, Win.52, tricked out 1022's, etc. and he thought the CLE version would be a good one to have. He bought one and last couple days been giving it a work out to see how it shoots and functions. The 22 magazine simply fits into a std. AR15/16 magazine housing(you can leave the follower, spring in, not necessary to remove) and after some effort to get the insert in correctly, feeds and functions very well. The Douglas SS barrel was selected and using up scale ammunition or even just common ammo the rifle gives very good accuracy. Groups at 50yds for 5 shots(magazine holds 10rnds) can easily be covered with a nickel almost dime size using the high grade ammo. Upper duplicates a NM AR15 in weight and includes CLE's float tube system and for those wanting to practice Across The Course shooting provides an economical way regarding ammunition. Overall fit and finish and obvious attention to detail is readily visible in this upper and does make a good companion upper to the AR15 lower. My friend rides with me sometimes to the range and a bit forgetful and some day may just forget to remind him that it is the back of my car, joking of course.

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
They made a kick ass retro triangle hand guard model a while back & when I found out about it called them up to see about getting one. They told me they stopped making them so as to concentrate on the space gun looking uppers. Just my luck...USN4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.