M14 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Any way to be more specific? I'm not a member there to be familiar with where things are, and most of that site is the "AR section."

A DI would be interesting indeed for a .45 AR.
Not to pick nuts but the ar section is only 10% or so.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I would pick a Wilson Combat SR, in 5.56 NATO [or another quality built AR just like it]. It is a flat top, with a 14.7" barrel with a pinned and welded muzzlebreak so as to be over
16", thus no NFA paperwork.

It would have an EOTech sight and the Aimpoint 3X magnifer in their pivot mount.

It would have either the Surefire or the Streamlight TLR-2, both have a light and a laser that you can sight in. This light would be for indoor, and other up close use. The laser would be sighted in at 100 yards.

Then I would also have the Surefire 600 lumen Scout light mounted for longer range shooting and target ID.

This rifle is not only good for CQB, but is also very effective to 400 yards.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I do not think I would want to carry 2 rifles, 2 different calibres, 2 different kinds of magazines, etc. over long distances.

What do you do with the BIG gun when you are doing CQB??? It is definately going to be more of a burden slung, when using the little gun, than just using the BIG gun for CQB.

For me a better plan would be to be able to take the long range scope off the 308 and put on an EOTech.

I have carried 2 rifles a time or two on Urban operations when I was working alone in a bad part of town. I carried a 10.3" Colt Commando with a Leupold CQT in my hands, and had my bolt action 308 Sniper rifle attached to my pack.

When working as a 2 man team, most of the time I just carried the bolt rifle.

When I was using a scoped H&K 91 as the primary sniper rifle, I did not feel the need to carry the Commando.

Carrying 2 rifles at the same time is a pain...

·
Registered
485 Posts
If I had to have my M1A and another rifle I would probably go with the Tavor.

Frankly, I would be perfectly happy with my P30.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
more info

my MBR is my CQB till I go to my 45acp sidearm . so to me it would be the bolt rifle choice in same caliber . just to explain my first post .
thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
Believe it or not, but my companion .308 Win is a Ruger American. Mine is one sweet shooting bolt-action. Now, will it last thousands of rounds of hard use? Don't know, but unless the ISIS is in my neighborhood, I'll likely not find out.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,709 Posts
I would take my Steyr HS50 .50 cal bolt action, that way I can shoot at them 1200 yards away and still have some knock down power. It only weighs 30lbs, at least I would not bitch at how much a M1A/M14 weighs. BGRIN1
Actually I would have a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag to match my side arm, a 4 5/8" Super Blackhawk.

Casey

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Well the OP said he'd carry a SMG, which definitely opens up the selection beyond rifles.
Actually, the P90 was developed as a Personal Defense Weapon, but it is considered both a SMG & Compact Assault Rifle; most recognized by the latter. ONTOS

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Actually, the P90 was developed as a Personal Defense Weapon, but it is considered both a SMG & Compact Assault Rifle; most recognized by the latter. ONTOS
I've never heard of it referred to as a rifle, but I do remember the PDW part. Then again, most of what I know about it came from video games GI1

·
Registered
67 Posts
My choice for a second rifle would depend on the scenario. If I was urban when shtf I would choose a weapon like my 870 to accompany my SM. If I was rural I would take my AR-7. Everything goes in the stock and it will fit in my BOB. 10mm Glock sidearm.

·
Registered
154 Posts
OK guys really. 1928 Thompson. The real deal. Compatible with the side arm a lot of people here have and carry.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
How about another barreled action? Like running a NM prepped 22in with a scope for the long distance stuff, and bringing a 16in barreled action with a red dot along in the ruck for the up close stuff. Not as heavy as a separate rifle and runs from the same ammo supply as the 22in barreled action. Just need time to swap the actions. And a sidearm to transition to if you have a malfunction on the rifle.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts