M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of pics of designated riflemen in Afghanistan & Iraq sporting 2 rifles. Their primary rifle would be the MK14 EBR; & often lashed on a single point sling, would be what looks like a M4 carbine with a 10" barrel. My guess is they carry this companion rifle for CQB situations.

What would you choose as a CQB companion rifle for your M1A? My 1st thought was the FN PS90. ONTOS

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
11.5" bbl AR in 5.56 with an EOTech or a 9" bbl AR in 300 BLK with a suppressor

You've gotta think of it as a big pistol rather than a "2nd rifle". You're not going to be using that weapon much if at all.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mk18! Good god 2 m14's would be heavy!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Ok, why are you choosing a weapon chambered in a handgun round?
Didn't I already give the reason why? It seems like you are harassing people for their personal picks. If you want more details:

-Lightweight
-Bigger Hole
-Cheaper ammo
-Easily carried
-Extremely maneuverable
-Lastly, my M1A is already set up for CQB. Any closer, I don't want a rifle round.

Almost looks like the same reasons someone would carry an SBR, minus range. And like you said, "you won't be using that weapon much, if at all"

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Wow looks like we got some real commandos getting butthurt over what other peoples opinions are.

Back to answering the OP's question. My CQB companion rifle for my M1A would be a MP5 Loaded with Hollow points and FMJ.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Semi auto Uzi because I already have one. Select fire Uzi or MP5 would be a great choice. And for those that say the 9mm is so under powered you wouldn't be restricted to MC ammo & also the option of +P ammo.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts