M14 Forum banner

401 - 420 of 427 Posts

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Pardon me if I missed this somewhere in the 20 pages of this thread, but....
-Do we have a limit on how many conversations we have (what used to be called PM's)?
-Can we delete our conversations, or are they permanent?

I can't find a way to delete old PM's

Tony.

There is no limit to the number of conversations. You can keep them indefinitely. If you choose to have one no longer display to you within your conversations, you can simply click near the upper right of the message to leave the conversation.

Once you leave a conversation, it cannot be restored unless you are invited back to it.

For leaving conversations in bulk (full page) you can do the following.

Open your conversation box. Add a checkmark next to the conversation title.

That will open a drop menu near the bottom. Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Although you can add checkmarks next to each conversation, once you select any, a drop menu near the bottom will appear. If you want to leave conversation in bulk (such as a full page) Add a checkmark to "Select All".

Click the drop-down menu next to “Choose action” select “Leave conversations” . Click GO.

I don't like the mew format and my avitar has been reduced to 1/3 of my Master Army Aviator wing and it's only 100-36 picels.

Your old avatar is rectangle. The new avatar spacing is more square and displays best if it is at least 400 X 400 pixels.

How To Change/Update Avatar

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “account settings” from the drop-down menu.

That will bring you to the account details page.

Once you click on your avatar, then click to choose your file.

Make sure to click “okay” afterward.

Why is it when I go to a member's page, and click on "Discussions Started" I get a listing of all that member's posts, and not a listing of the discussion threads?

The developers are still working on member profiles. In the meantime you can use the search feature for this.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Cricket.Im still waiting for a answer towhy I can't edit anything.All I get is you cannot no more than 10 posts in 7 days.Well heck I can't even edit one besides 10.Can you give me a answer why?
Other members said they can edit. What gives?

The developers are working to track down the bug for editing older posts.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
219 Posts
@admin, the profanity filter is a little aggressive with the forum update. I can't describe the pod that a pilot sits in or the kind of bugs that will survive a nuclear blast without it getting blocked out. I get that this is intended to be a family-forum but this is a bit much. Can this be turned off and profanity enforcement left in the hands of the moderators who have been doing this for several years?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yet my questions in post #363 were met with eerie silence.... guess I was cutting too close to the bone asking specific exact questions....instead of a blatant "nunya beeswax, nosy" we get no response at all. Very telling.

Oh wait, I foresee a post soon saying I posted my questions in the wrong section, should've been in "contact us" or some other sidestepping response, even though it's clear Admins read this post. Even if so, you'd think someone in charge would've said "you posted in the wrong section, but I forwarded it to those that need to read it.".

Nope, we got silence like someone just farted in church. Ironically, they keep saying everything on here is Public, but they keep their business practices...Private. Apparently very private.
And still we wait....

Obviously it's on a "need to know" basis, guess they feel we don't need to know.

Comforting.

Reactions: hytekrednek

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Yet my questions in post #363 were met with eerie silence.... guess I was cutting too close to the bone asking specific exact questions....instead of a blatant "nunya beeswax, nosy" we get no response at all. Very telling.

Oh wait, I foresee a post soon saying I posted my questions in the wrong section, should've been in "contact us" or some other sidestepping response, even though it's clear Admins read this post. Even if so, you'd think someone in charge would've said "you posted in the wrong section, but I forwarded it to those that need to read it.".

Nope, we got silence like someone just farted in church. Ironically, they keep saying everything on here is Public, but they keep their business practices...Private. Apparently very private.
The Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy is posted at the bottom of each page in the forum.

If you have questions about what is within them, you would need to reach out through our Contact Us form simply because that is not something I normally deal with. I am simply here to help folks with transitioning to the new format and how to use it.

- Cricket

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
@admin, the profanity filter is a little aggressive with the forum update. I can't describe the pod that a pilot sits in or the kind of bugs that will survive a nuclear blast without it getting blocked out. I get that this is intended to be a family-forum but this is a bit much. Can this be turned off and profanity enforcement left in the hands of the moderators who have been doing this for several years?
I assume using that word for male chickens "cocks" will be censored too.
I may stand with few, but I do not care for language to be censored at all. It is how language is used that matters. The idea of a "bad word" is just silly to me anyway.

·
Premium Member
Token Libtard
219 Posts
I assume using that word for male chickens "cocks" will be censored too.
I may stand with few, but I do not care for language to be censored at all. It is how language is used that matters. The idea of a "bad word" is just silly to me anyway.
Whoa. Yours wasn’t censored! Maybe they turned it off?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yes I clear my cache after each browsing session. When it happens, if I go back to the page where I was last logged in, and try to log out, a 403 error appears.

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Yes I clear my cache after each browsing session. When it happens, if I go back to the page where I was last logged in, and try to log out, a 403 error appears.
When reporting forum issues, please include the following information.
  • What device are you using to access the site? Computer? Tablet? Phone?
  • Are you accessing the full site? Using Tapatalk?
  • Which operating system are you using? (Windows 10, etc.)
  • Which browser are you using? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE, etc.)
  • Are you using any browser script blocking / ad blockers /cookie blocking?
  • Have you already tried clearing your cookies?
- Cricket

·
Registered
607 Posts
Would it be possible to change the interface to allow a user to see all newly updated posts at a glance as the old site did? I see that there is a "trending" posts section which I find totally useless. Besides aesthetics, this may be my biggest complaint about this new look. There is no way (that I can tell) that shows you all the most recently commented on or updated posts.

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Would it be possible to change the interface to allow a user to see all newly updated posts at a glance as the old site did? I see that there is a "trending" posts section which I find totally useless. Besides aesthetics, this may be my biggest complaint about this new look. There is no way (that I can tell) that shows you all the most recently commented on or updated posts.
Are you referring to the homepage? If so, the developers are actively working on a new homepage. This should be updated in the near future.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

- Cricket

401 - 420 of 427 Posts