M14 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 427 Posts

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Can anyone here tell me why we still can't edit our posts.I brought this up last week and it still isn't doable.
Have you tried this today? If so, what was the error message?

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Yea i know how to do it.It still tells me I can't edit more than 10 posts in 7 days bullcrap.
I havnt been able to edit anything which is totally unacceptable.
Don't understand this one at all ad how are you suppose to revise add or change anything on your posting.
You said this was a clutch and its being worked on.well it hasn't been yet?

·
Administrator
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Yea i know how to do it.It still tells me I can't edit more than 10 posts in 7 days bullcrap.
I havnt been able to edit anything which is totally unacceptable.
Don't understand this one at all ad how are you suppose to revise add or change anything on your posting.
You said this was a clutch and its being worked on.well it hasn't been yet?
I am checking on this.

- Cricket

·
Registered
526 Posts
Can anyone here tell me why we still can't edit our posts.I brought this up last week and it still isn't doable.
You should be able to, but not sure if there's a time limit on editing here or not.

If not, click on the 3 dots at the upper right of your post, then click "Edit" on the drop down menu.

EDIT: Looks like Cricket handled it previously. For some reason it looked like the last message to me, and hadn't been addressed, but I wan't on the last page apparently.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Listen to me one more time.Its not working.Ive tried it on all my posts.Keep getting the same error message

·
Registered
574 Posts
FYI- I just went into my posting in the PX to see if I received the same error as forceman when trying to edit my post. When I clicked on the three dots it gave me a drop down box with an edit option. When I clicked on the edit it brought up the tool bar and let me remove a "period" and I was also able to save this edit. I did not receive the 10 post 7 day message.

Note: I also messed with changing text to bold, writing text and changing text color . I was able to write new text, although I had to watch doing this as it wanted to move my cursor lower in the page. I was able to bold text but it did not want to accept a change in text color. I did not save these edits as I did not want to alter the post at this time so I don't know if it would accept these types of changes but it seemed like it would have.

I would also like to mention that I have not been seeing any adds whatsoever on the computer I am using and I am not a premium member. I am using IE browser but I also have Chrome available to use. Whatever my machine is running in the background it seems to be filtering out some of the issues that other users are experiencing.

·
Super Moderator
11,086 Posts
Pardon me if I missed this somewhere in the 20 pages of this thread, but....
-Do we have a limit on how many conversations we have (what used to be called PM's)?
-Can we delete our conversations, or are they permanent?

I can't find a way to delete old PM's

Tony.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Cricket.Im still waiting for a answer towhy I can't edit anything.All I get is you cannot no more than 10 posts in 7 days.Well heck I can't even edit one besides 10.Can you give me a answer why?
Other members said they can edit. What gives?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yet my questions in post #363 were met with eerie silence.... guess I was cutting too close to the bone asking specific exact questions....instead of a blatant "nunya beeswax, nosy" we get no response at all. Very telling.

Oh wait, I foresee a post soon saying I posted my questions in the wrong section, should've been in "contact us" or some other sidestepping response, even though it's clear Admins read this post. Even if so, you'd think someone in charge would've said "you posted in the wrong section, but I forwarded it to those that need to read it.".

Nope, we got silence like someone just farted in church. Ironically, they keep saying everything on here is Public, but they keep their business practices...Private. Apparently very private.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Cricket.Im still waiting for a answer towhy I can't edit anything.All I get is you cannot no more than 10 posts in 7 days.Well heck I can't even edit one besides 10.Can you give me a answer why?
Other members said they can edit. What gives?
I am having the same issue. When will I be able to edit old posts?

Thank you

·
Registered
103 Posts
The thing is i have absolutely no issues with this new frame, i know where everything is. wasn't surprise it was changed from the old one as most gun forums recently have changed too.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I really don't like the fact that once I view a thread, it disappears from the "new" and unless I know which particular sub-form it came from (which is darn near impossible being that they aren't listed on the main page), that thread will not show up in my view again until someone submits a response to it.

The CMP forums works very much the same way in this regard, except they have a function where you can choose to see ALL recent threads, regardless whether you've recently viewed them or not. I have not been able to find a similar function with this new format.

ETA: Ok, I guess I figured this one out. This can be accomplished by de-selecting "unread discussions" in the filter AND clicking on "set this as default setting."

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't like the mew format and my avitar has been reduced to 1/3 of my Master Army Aviator wing and it's only 100-36 picels.

381 - 400 of 427 Posts