M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

jgsales.com has 168gr FMJBT zinc plated steel cased ammo manufactured in Russia by Colt for $.60 a pop.

Colt makes ammo?......In Russia?

Is it any good (as far as steel cased ammo goes)?

*Edit: The box looked just like the one in CAVman's link... by the time i posed the ammo was gone and the link led to nothing.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hi,

jgsales.com has 168gr FMJBT zinc plated steel cased ammo manufactured in Russia by Colt for $.60 a pop.

Colt makes ammo?......In Russia?

Is it any good (as far as steel cased ammo goes)?

Do you have a link ?
I've never seen this.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
This says nothing about the modern era, but I once saw a at least one antique-looking wooden box somewhere that had "Colt Ammo" burned on it- of course it could have been a modern forgery, I believe such things were trendy home decor at one point.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Reactions: dozier and Conman

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have never seen colt ammo before. I'll have to watch for a box to put beside the box of zombie killers to have something to talk about in 20 years. And I thought the 80's got weird. Lol. Dan

·
Registered
946 Posts
almost certainly a sub-contractor made this "quick draw" ammo from 1960's. Colt probably had not actually produced ammo since the advent of center (central-fire) cartridges, so don't waste too much shoe leather looking for any actual modern "Colt" ammo..

Headstamped “COLT 45 WAX” so at least the people who made the plastic cases (albeit not the printer who made the boxes) had enough sense to know it's called ".45 COLT" and not "long colt."

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Just another example of a company licensing their name so another company can sell products. The only thing Colt has to do with that ammo is the name on the box.

Reactions: redlegagent

·
Registered
182 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.