M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The roll pin that keeps the adjustable sight on my Colt Gold Cup from flopping around broke. Does anyone know if one of the pins used on the M14 will work?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just go to home depot or a hardware store you will be able to find one of the correct O.D. you may have to trim for length though.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
The roll pin has always been a problem. Ya need a solid pin if yer gonna shoot that Gold Cup. Brownells has them for something like 99 cents or so. Or if ya got a machine shop near by , ask for a small piece of drill rod.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Just use a solid pin.

Many years ago I bought a Gold Cup as a backup work gun and shot it in some IPSC Matches as well.

Bomar made a sight that "pluged into" the Gold Gup with no modifications to the slide. It used a solid pin.
After many thousand rounds it has given no problems.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Roll pin

I've launched a few Gold Cup sights in my day. A solid pin is the way to go or a different sight.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Normally, the roll pin just "drifts" out, from vibration. If you peen its ends, it will serve admirably. better peen the ends of the solid pin, too. The front sight is more of a problem. i've lost several of the same type, from .22 Colt conversion units. I'd always just silver solder them on and reblue the slide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts