M14 Forum banner

Colorado Rifle Club NRA match score

3889 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  JMGlasgow
I participated in the match today at CRC. Didn't do too good. I was hoping to score above 700, it just wasn't my day. Wind was very unpredictable as it kept gusting and changing directions. Didn't go over 10MPH though. Not an excuse, just made it more difficult. I definitely need more practice on across the course matches. Most of my shooting in NRA high power is reduced 200 yard courses.

Anyway here are my scores:

Slow standing: 163-0X 200 yards
Rapid sitting: 179-3X 200 yards
Rapid prone: 184-1X 300 yards
Slow prone: 160-1X

Total: 686-5X

I was using:
LC match 96 casings
Hornady 168 A-Max bullets
41.5 grains IMR4895
CCI #34 primers
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· "Death From Above"
12,457 Posts
I started this summer and I am in the same boat. Sharpshooter looking for expert. The prone kills me. It hurts my neck to have to look up for so long. If the dude in the pits is slow it just makes it worse. So far, I have been scoring best from the offhand. Go figure.

· Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah slow prone kinda kills me too. Luckily I'm young enough that my neck doesn't hurt. I really need a shooting jacket (lefty) though. Or, if anything some elbow pads. They are raw after the two prone stages.

I also was the only shooter with a .30 caliber (M1A). Over half of the shooters had space guns (David Tubb style) bolt actions and semi's. They weren't even military calibers. One shooter had a 6mm-250 and another shooter had a .260.

Also, for some reason, the match director didn't separate match rifles and service rifles. I asked him about it and he said he wouldn't separate the two classes.

Some very impressive scores though. The match winner scored 798-25X. Obviously he had a match rifle, and is a high master.

· "Death From Above"
12,457 Posts
Well here is one to make you feel better. I was the inky one with a 14 at the match and one of the RO said at the top of his lungs," there's only one man here today, one man and he is on lane 17". Everyone was shooting a -15 one Garand and one spacegun. It felt good lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.