M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read up and I can bring some weapons.

The boy and I are headed to Colorado for some much deserved RandR. We will be visiting family in the fort Collins area, and will be tent camping at high altitude somewhere or another.

With respect for the law I have decided upon bringing the LCP and glock26. I'll only bring 10 and 15 Rd mags.

Also dropped the ebr into some usgi birch and gonna top load into a flush mag. I hope to find a place to do some shooting.

If there is a good long range rifle course I'd love to bring the bolt gun.

I wanted to know if law enforcement will give me problems with the m1a.

I'll also leave the otf at home and carry my delica 4.

Another other tips or suggestions about traveling to colorado?
I was told by someone here I would be hassled about having Texas plates. That seems unlikely but any advice is helpful!

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That surefire flash hider sure shortens things up and shoots nice. I bet it's a hair a hotter than the vortex.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Range

Dresden,
You might want to check out Great Guns Sporting Clays

Fort Collins take I25 north to Wellington then east to Nunn
Address:
16058 County Road 96
Nunn, Co. 80648
#970-897-2277

www.greatgunssporting.com

Trap, Skeet Sporting clay and 5 rifle ranges.
Also private land for Pheasant hunting.

We do a lot of youth hunting there with the Pheasant Forever chapter.

Have fun and safe trip.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The only real restriction is the 15 round mag limit, Of course, if you are hunting, then the mag limit is 5, but that's pretty common throughout the USA.

You will have no problems with your M1A. Aside from the Mag limit, you don't have to change anything about your firearms. While the mag limit did pass last year, no other "evil feature" type laws passed so you needn't worry about bullet buttons, flash hiders, etc.

As for long range Ranges... two come to mind but they aren't super close to Ft Collins. Colorado Rifle Club in Byers (1000 yard range)... probably about 1.5 hours from FT Collins and you need to be with a member (such as myself), or Buffalo Creek Gun Club (600 yard range) Near Bailey, CO which would be about 2 hours from Ft Collins.

Reactions: Dredsen

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
you have the right to get stoned...

a good revolver would be a good choice. they just dont look evil enough...

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I'm right out side of Ft Collins. Not sure when you're coming out but there is a high power in a couple of weeks out in Pawnee.

Don't worry about the mag ban. It only bans "transferring" of said mags. I don't even know of anyone being prosecuted by it yet. Most of the LEOs have stated they won't enforce the laws anyways. In fact there is a gun shop in Ft. Collins that still sells the mags. I can go get a 75 rnd drum mag right now if I wanted to....

As far as getting harassed about your plates, you should be fine as long as you drive the speed limit.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Pawnee sportsmans center has 1000 yards. And you don't have to be a member to shoot there. As far as gun laws, only magazines are restricted. And the sheriffs are not enforcing those laws. Especially in Larimer and Weld counties. Ft Collins has become very liberal as of late though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
This scene from the movie "The World's End" reminds me of how we feel due to Bloomberg, Hickenlooper(D) Colorado Gov. and the other anti-freedom people who always go after our rights/freedoms/guns/ammo....enjoy gents....this should be our response to all of them......[ame]http://youtu.be/-I4OTV5cIQg[/ame]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts