1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Bet they're losing their minds over spam cans on the CMP Forum. Glad I bought all my HXP back in 2006-07 when it was $55/can. Price has nearly tripled in 8 years.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Rifles still aren't that bad of a deal, just glad I've already got a few and don't really need any more. However, the price of that HXP is making reloading look all that much more affordable.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'd much rather shoot Privi M2 Ball. New manufacture, excellent brass...and pretty accurate to boot.

HXP costs the same, and is 30-50 years old. Stored in unknown conditions.
+2. HXP shoots about 10 MOA out of my rifle. My reloads drop that to under 2. All the HXP came from the same can so perhaps it went bad, but I won't risk it to buy more.

Reactions: hammonje

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I'd much rather shoot Privi M2 Ball. New manufacture, excellent brass...and pretty accurate to boot.

HXP costs the same, and is 30-50 years old. Stored in unknown conditions.
Yep, I say the same thing to the folks who think the old 308 surplus battle packs are worth gold. I would much rather have new production Federal XM80 Or privi before old surplus from the the 80's that could be corroded up,And the Privi is boxer primed.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
HXP gives me "minute of shotgun". At that price, Orest can keep it. Been reloading for years and about 16 spam cans, cans of linked, AP, etc, that I've bought over the years from the CMP.
I have 6 Garands, so I'm pretty much done unless they make some more M14 kits.
The new fixation is an M40A1.

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
My spam can HXP shoots 3-4 MOA while the loose stuff shoots about 6+ MOA. Wish I hadn't bought any loose stuff.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
HXP gives me "minute of shotgun". At that price, Orest can keep it. Been reloading for years and about 16 spam cans, cans of linked, AP, etc, that I've bought over the years from the CMP.
I have 6 Garands, so I'm pretty much done unless they make some more M14 kits.
The new fixation is an M40A1.
USOptics is doing another run of the MST-100. Hop on that if you haven't already for the correct clone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.