M14 Forum banner

CMP Offers Surplus Remington .22LR

3964 Views 20 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  CGBTL
For those who shoot .22s, and are members of the Civilian Marksmanship Program, the CMP just put 5000 round cases of Army surplus Remington .22 Long Rifle target ammo up on the estore for $90 a case, plus $24.95 shipping. That works out to about $.02 a round, a price I haven't seen retail for quite a long time. This is the same type of white-box target and training ammo we used at summer camp and the Boy Scouts when I was a kid.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looked on the CMP Forum, and Orest Michaels says that the Remington ammo is selling at a rate of 100 cases per hour so far today. It should sell out by the end of the weekend. I got my order in before I posted about it here!

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!! Just ordered 2 cases; my kids burn through 22 ammo when I turn them loose with a gun. I hope it all goes "bang". I like the older 22 ammo that is 40 grains and slower than most of the newer super fast stuff; the older style stuff seems to shoot better in all my 22s.

Thanks again!

· Registered
2,846 Posts
A local Sporting Goods store had a great deal on CCI Blazer 22LR last fall . . worked out to around $15 a brick . . I bought what I could afford at the time . . 15 bricks. I'm thinking 22LR could be as good as trading fodder someday soon . .

Anyway, I ordered what I could afford of the Remington surp . . 2 cases . .

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a case. I noticed that they said it'd been manufactured in '95, but packaging looks good, and I'd hope the Army has kept it stored well.

· Registered
6,654 Posts
dangit... I let my club membership lapse because I'd already spent all my dough buying garands last year... missed out on this. :D

Ah well. I'm re-upping for my club... should be ready for the next good deal about the time my year membership expires. Or more likely just after. LOL

· Registered
4,149 Posts
dangit... I let my club membership lapse because I'd already spent all my dough buying garands last year... missed out on this. :D

Ah well. I'm re-upping for my club... should be ready for the next good deal about the time my year membership expires. Or more likely just after. LOL
I thought about renewing an affiliate membership top get some. Alas I let it pass But soon you will see it on Gun Broker and the CMP forum for sale

· Registered
6,654 Posts
Good to hear it's in circulation rather than incinerated... I'm sure the anti-gunners will burn a few candles tonight. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.