M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it today and noticed it was put together in 3/74. What a nice one it looks like. It's better looking than the ones I was issued in 1974-1978 in the Marines. Now I need to get bayonets for my other service rifles. My 1903A3, M1Garand, and the M14 need them.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the grips off and use a toothbrush to rub CLP into all the metal. Do the metal on the scabbard as well, especially the internal friction plates.
Yep, did a through cleaning and oiling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was prowling around in an Surplus store and picked up an M7 marked "Colt" and made in Solingen Germany. The scabbard is also marked "Made in Germany".

That's nice, this one is made and rollmarked "Imperial" on the hand guard/barrel ring. I was pleased to receive it from the CMP still in it's original USGI packaging. I love it when a Government program works like it was supposed too. Now I'm waiting on my Service Grade M1 Garand to get here in the next few months.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
That's nice, this one is made and rollmarked "Imperial" on the hand guard/barrel ring. I was pleased to receive it from the CMP still in it's original USGI packaging. I love it when a Government program works like it was supposed too. Now I'm waiting on my Service Grade M1 Garand to get here in the next few months.
I have found Imperial to be the nicest of all the M5, M6 and M7 contractors. Fit, finish and edge. Ones made before the mid 60's will usually have a DAS stamped into the guard.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the "Imperial" rollmark and the blade model # "US M7".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,058 Posts
I am looking for a beat up M7 to cut down the handle end to fit a AR pistol as a joke, it would wind up about 2 1/4" long on the grip end. I have a nice M7 But I don't want to cut it up.

eQ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts