M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Nice one. I too have a CMP 1911. Too bad they limit us to just one.
One person would buy a hundred. You've already got people getting theirs, their spouse, their kids, their parents, and their aunt and uncles.

I still remember the couple that showed up at CMP south store bought 8 rifles each and every stripped bare receiver (they didn't count at the time) they had at the place and most of the HXP ammo. They were playing by the rules, but I'm sure they cleaned up on resale

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
One person would buy a hundred. You've already got people getting theirs, their spouse, their kids, their parents, and their aunt and uncles.

I still remember the couple that showed up at CMP south store bought 8 rifles each and every stripped bare receiver (they didn't count at the time) they had at the place and most of the HXP ammo. They were playing by the rules, but I'm sure they cleaned up on resale
Well, I do play by the rules. I guess I am just not the brightest light in the room but when I am outside the rules I really feel weird and I doubt I would enjoy the gun. I am hoping they will catch up a bit and allow folks to buy a second one. I would really like a USS 1911. To get one like that I would probably go to the auction if they allowed a second one. Those folks at the South Store are very helpful. About ten years ago I walked in and they helped me pick out a few Garands. Great rifles. They recently lost one of their top techs and I believe he was the one what pointed out the Winchester I brought home.

Reactions: jaysea

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks just like mine. Congrats. Shoot it yet?

Reactions: jaysea

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Always liked the Remington Rands. You got yourself a nice one!

How's the fitment?
Thanks! The fitment is great. All the parts are in nice shape. Definitely a mix master. 1944 frame and slide could be original to each other. Has colt barrel, earlier wide spur hammer and checkered mainspring housing. Rebuild marks indicate rebuilt by RIA at some point, probably after WW2, then rebuilt again at Benicia Arsenal in 1967. Blasted and reparked.

Looks just like mine. Congrats. Shoot it yet?
Haven't shot it yet. Been busy. Hopefully next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts