M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my CMP Rack Grade Greek Issue Garand :) :) ! It took less than two weeks,,,it would be two weeks tomorrow (Friday) that I mailed the money order,so I'm pretty happy to say the least! Its a Springfield with Serial # 24212xx, the Bolt is Sprinfield also with #6528287-SA and under that is A-14. The trigger group is all HR-N,and the op-rod is SA but the BBL which is a Rack grade is supposed to gauge 5 or so I guess,although it looks bright and shiny! I'll take it to a place that has a throat gauge and see what it reads. The BBL is marked 1-8-A-5-73,any ideal what it is ? Over all it looks not to bad,,front handguard has a crack but rest of stock isn't in to bad of shape,,it will be my first attempt at refinishing,so it should be fun,not really planning on useing the stock but if it comes out good ya never know! The color is almost orange I laughed when I first pulled it out of the box,,looks like a pumpkin almost,, :) :) .
I'll try and get some pics,,I have a pretty crappy dig camera,cost about $20 bucks,,but I'll give it a try. But now its time to get ahold of Warbird and see if he can fit me in for a little restoration project,, :) ,I'll keep ya posted!

Opps sorry for the edit,but its in regards to my IHC Garand,I was playing with it the other day,(yes it was unloaded) and just clicking the safety off and on,pulling the trigger and after repeated pulls on the trigger it fired,safety worked its way forward and then the hammer dropped! 8O What parts in the trigger group should be replaced,trigger,safety all,,,I'll get the parts and then just send it to someone who knows,,thanks! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats! I love the occasional visits by the BWT!!

Regarding your trigger group, I would contact CMP about it. My H&R came with a seperated piston/oprod. I took it out of the box and pulled back on the op rod to show clear and WHAM!!! the rod came back with no spring pressure, since the piston stayed up in the front of the gas cylinder. They sent a replacement right out.

Dave

·
Registered
276 Posts
As far as the barrel goes, I believe that it should be 1-SA 5-43/53/63. It means in it a springfield barrel manufactured in 5 (may) of 43, 53, or 63. I would believe that based on what you posted, it would be either a barrel from the 40's or 50's Look at the numbers again.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks colt100,,I will check it again,,I'll let ya know tomorrow,, :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.