M14 Forum banner

CMP delivered, Christmas early

886 20
My wife and son Sent in their packets on the same day and they were RNG number was only five numbers apart. Both got the call last Wednesday, and their pistols were delivered on Friday. Both Remington rand Frame with colt slide. My wife got the field grade my son got the rack grade they are happy with both.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
From what I perceive the Service Grades appear to have some new parts added. Almost as if they were arsenal reconditioned before storage. That's my guess based on what I received. Visibly though my service grade looks a lot like the field grade noted in this thread. Having said that the grading descriptions CMP provides doesn't seem to match the actual guns shipped. It could be they aren't getting the response they thought they would and are shipping nicer guns because they have them. Who knows.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The SGs are completely re-arsenaled and ready to go back to a unit. Most have been re-parked and thus their org. markings are fainter and harder to distinguish. They also seem to have a higher degree of newer parts, unlike a FG or RG. It's really what you prefer I guess. The FGs and especially the RGs give you a chance at more of a org. pistol IMO, that's why I went RG.

I think the CMP descriptions are pretty spot on. If anything their descriptions are pretty conservative, but everyone who grades down there has their own way of applying the different grades, they are human after all.
Makes sense. I wasn't pointing fingers at CMP I was mostly basing what I perceived as the outward appearance of the rack and field grades. If I recall hand guard cracks were mentioned in the rack grade description but out of all the pics I saw online none of the rack grades had cracked hand guards. Personally I'm satisfied with my Service Grade. It's tight and works well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts