M14 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking the CMP match results from the CMP Cup being held at Camp Perry, I see the winner and new National Champion is James Fox who resides in Albany, Oregon.
I've known James since he was about 9 years old and coached him through his years as a junior club shooter with the service rifle. When he started shooting the M1 it was nearly as big as he was tall. James, along with his brother Ben, hold several National Records and have won a good many trophies at the Nationals in the past. He took about 10 years off from shooting to attend college, get married, and start his career as a financial consultant. When he decided to start shooting again he came back strong to win at state level and now at Perry. I am please to have been part of his success as a shooter. He also had good coaching from Jim Rice in long range and Neilson Shew while shooting as a junior at Camp Perry. He still shoots service rifle, now with optics, and even beat all the match rifle shooters at Perry. It was a close match with the second place winner only two X's behind. It's noteworthy that James is a civilian and outshot all the military competitors, something very rare in service rifle competition.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've heard his name come up very recently from fellow competitors in the area, usually followed by, "where did this guy come from?" Sounds like he took time off for good behavior and is back with a vengeance! Good for him!

·
Registered
148 Posts
How proud you must be Ted to see a young shooter develop like that and the fact you had influenced that person in a positive way. The greatest reward in the shooting sports. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts