1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
232 Posts
That looks like one of the rifles made by Iron Brigade Armory in Jacksonville, NC.

ETA: Oops, just read the text of the auction (it always helps to read before posting). We had a couple of XM3s at a company I worked at in J-Action-Ville. I liked them because they were compact and felt solid, but I'm not sure I'd call them "lightweight" (kind of hard to do with a heavy barrel and optics).

I thought Lt Col. Chandler (ret) made a fine product, but AFAIK his didn't seem to catch on for whatever reason.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
That is definitely a cool rifle. But by the time this auction is done you could have afforded to buy a genuine USGI m14. GI2

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Now THAT is what i call patina.

I feel like this should go to the soldier that used it. Maybe the rich guy who buys it will see my post and think about it.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
If I read description correctly, it comes with the night vision PVS22 as well. Those run $10k new by the self. Wow,what a piece of history and good for CMP.

Isnt it hard to get the pvs22? If i remember its not something tnvc sells right?

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I had one of these, it was nice minus the giant bolt handle and the second focal plane scope. That cheek piece is a monstrosity. If I remember correctly I only needed one strip of ISO mat under my stock pack and it was perfect. It was a very handy gun, but just couldn't hang with my 40 accuracy wise and 2nd focal plane thing made shooting at night a pain. 1000 yards with this rifle was no trouble. The furthest I shot mine was just over 1300 yrds.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think a time-share arrangement is the way to go. We all contribute $500 which would equal about $26k and then get it for a week each ....although not sure $26k will win it ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.