M14 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I thought this might be of interest to some... The following pictures are of the ARMS #18 mount. I decided to show the two types of mounts that were sold by ARMS... The one with two scope mounting points is the old style and the full scope mounting rail is the new ARMS #18 syle mount.

The old style has a pronounced bridge area that could use some dremel work if the mount cannot be aligned properly. Its better on the new style mount.

Different views/angles of the ARMS #18 mounts.

The documents that come with the mounts are very helpful but look cheesy... like a poor xerox copy... but a hex wrench is included as well.

I made a special tool to help adjust the front pad... a jeweler's screwdriver just did not work for me...

Views of new style ARMS #18 installed.

Notice that the clip guide mount also has a pad but can be adjusted with an appropriate sized screwdriver. This is hardly noticed when installing an ARMS #18 mount.

I hope these pics were of interest to those who like to play with scopes on their rifles... Thanks for letting me share some of these with you.

Please let me know if there are other pics, that you might like or that I can take of the ARMS #18 mount.

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a reply to a couple of questions that MsgtMaze had on the original post... I thought it would be appropriate here as well...

Aloha MsgtMaze!

I really don't know why ARMS changed the #18 mount... personally, I like the old style as it seemed more streamlined but I guess they wanted to have the maximum amount of scope mounting points... maybe to compete with the Smith and Brookfield type mounts...

So far, I have 4 of the old style and only one of the new style (so far...) and it does look okay... so I guess, I am getting used to it...

Anyway, your request was heard and the following pics are of the ejection port side of the rifle... I hope this is what you were looking for...

I was trying to get the best angle, sorry they're not more uniform...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
I don't shoot scopes, only "iron sights", but, I like what you have done here Tomodachi! and especially the adjusting tool. You might want to show how you made the tool....

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawk,

You wouldn't believe it... I took my Dremel Grinder and went to town... I tried to go slow because, I didn't want to keep using good bits...

But it came out fine... this is a custom tool that is ONLY needed if you're lazy and work with ARMS mounts a lot... :lol:

Take Care and Have a Good One!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts