M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching an M14 documentary (fairly old one) and I saw them use a ww2 rifle style clip to load 5 rounds into an empty magazine from the top. I was just curious if the M14s used today can still use clips and if any M1As can use them also. (Obviously the detachable box magazine is much better and more useful, I'm just curious)

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,027 Posts
Yes, stripper clips.

DI5

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Yes you can use 5 round stripper clips to load either a magazine (using the magazine filler "spoon") or directly into the rifle/magazine using the attached stripper clip guide that comes on M14's. The stripper clip guide works fantastic on these rifles.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
I was watching an M14 documentary (fairly old one) and I saw them use a ww2 rifle style clip to load 5 rounds into an empty magazine from the top. I was just curious if the M14s used today can still use clips and if any M1As can use them also. (Obviously the detachable box magazine is much better and more useful, I'm just curious)
Four of these...

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I think the guide adds to "the look" of the M14!GI5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.