Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
:? Meters? :-k

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,160 Posts
GhostRider-Nine,

11 clicks, works for me also.

XXIV Corps :x_mrgreen:
DMZ 70-72

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Standard NATO Ball. In my case, I'm using ADI. I just don't understand why I have to come up so far. Also those first two clicks are REAL iffy. In other words, sometimes they are there, sometimes they are not. And in still other words....the last two clicks at the bottom require more effort than the rest. Is there a fix for this?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Your front sight may be a little taller than the average.

As far as the first clicks being mushy, pop the sight cover off and you'll see what is acting to stop the aperature at the bottom. At the end of the rack is about 1/8" that has no teeth--this I believe will mush down onto the horizontal sight platform of the receiver. It works against the tension applied by the sight cover and can make the last clicks mushy. File off that bare section of the rack so that the aperature stops due to contact with the far vertical wall of the receiver sight platform. See section 2. Step A) Fitting NM Rear Sights here:
http://www.fulton-armory.com/NMRearSight.htm

Once this is done you might find that the sight still doesn't stop at a nice solid detent. You will need to get your file out again and file the face of the aperature that contacts the the far vertical wall of the receiver sight platform until the sight bottoms right at the detent instead of in between detents.

Ty

·
Registered
980 Posts
For 200yds with Aussie or Port, I come up 13 for offhand and 12.5 for sitting, as my cheek weld is a bit closer to the rear sight in sitting. In prone, its even closer, and I usually have to drop another click. I notice that both handloaded and commercial 168s tend to hit about 8" higher at 300yds than the Aussie or Port.

I've been thinking about filing down the front sigth a skoshi to get my 200yds zero to less than 10 clicks, so that the rear sight aperture will be more stable on the rare occasions that I get to shoot at a real 600yd line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.