M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentlemen,

I am gearing up to add a Sadlak mount and scope, do you all remove the entire mount for thorough cleanings? Upside down in the gun vise still work? Thanks for helping out a novice shooter, Wavekatcher

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't remove mine, mainly to avoid a zero shift from dismount/mount. The Otis cables still go in fine with the mount on GI6. Upside-down as always.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Do not remove the Scope and the Mount,clean Upside Down in a Gun Vise,all 14s need to be cleaned that way to begin with to keep Oil or Solvents from running in to the Gas System which must be kept Dry!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
ditto.....clean upside down. Kinda funky getting the bolt out with a scope mount, but if you hold your tongue just right and stand on one foot it will come out!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a Sadlak mount. I clean the gun upside down with a Dewey rod and muzzle bushing on rabbit ear bench rest bags- a tall under the butt of the stock and a small one under the barrel. I clean the chamber with an Otis pistol cable with a 10mm brush and a knurled knob at the other end to twirl the brush in the chamber. Works just like a flex shaft.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
An empty shotgun hull with the primer punched out makes for a wonderful boreguide with the dewey rod. Fits perfectly over the flash suppressor and costs .25 cents. GI5

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
An empty shotgun hull with the primer punched out makes for a wonderful boreguide with the dewey rod. Fits perfectly over the flash suppressor and costs .25 cents. GI5
You Bet it does!

Left:AR, Right:14!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts