1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Very cool, I especially like item #24, the large crescent wrench...nice touch. DI5

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
354 Posts
thanks. never thought to use a chamber or .45 brush in the gas cyl, I just use a .50 bore mop (learned it here) and works fine.

what exactly is a "powder solvent" used to clean inside piston. I use my sadlak bits, and then flush out with gun scrubber. fwiw a sadlak piston. gun scrubber ok for TiN? thanks

·
Honorable Discharge
638 Posts
what exactly is a "powder solvent" used to clean inside piston. I use my sadlak bits, and then flush out with gun scrubber. fwiw a sadlak piston. gun scrubber ok for TiN? thanks
I've always used Hoppe's #9. CLP is another.

Is it ok for TiN? It sure as heck better be or there's a lot of us who will be in trouble!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Tony
I said it before and I will Gladly Repeat it.
Lord I am Glad you are Back as your contributions were Sorely Missed
Thank You

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think the term "powder solvent" was used so as not to endorse any particular brand of solvent.
Anything to cut the powder residue will work.
I use my favorite cologne.... HOPPIES #9

·
Super Moderator
11,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the term "powder solvent" was used so as not to endorse any particular brand of solvent.
Anything to cut the powder residue will work.
I use my favorite cologne.... HOPPIES #9
What he said ^^^^ GI5

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,069 Posts
What they said....DI5

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've always used Hoppe's #9. CLP is another.

Is it ok for TiN? It sure as heck better be or there's a lot of us who will be in trouble!
Is there anything that is bad for TiN? I used butch's bore shine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.