M14 Forum banner

cleaning rod , what do i have ?

1355 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Bill Ricca
i was given several sections of brass cleaning rod and im not sure what type it is, the handle has the aluminum football shape with the end having a female thread about a 1/2 inch inside the shaft. the other sections are 2 types, one with male threads on each end and the other with female threads on each end again farther down in the shaft of the rod. Is this a type of barracks cleaning rod ? and what am i missing ? i do not see a section for the brush or patch tip . thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
You have the Model 1916 Sectional Cleaning Rod, a rod use in the field. There is also a Model 1916 Barracks Rod, but it is not sectional, it is one piece. You are missing the end which is taped for the cleaning brush and is a push type jag.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.