M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After cleaning, lubricating, de-priming, swagging, trimming, and de-burring my brass, do I need to clean my brass again to remove the lubricant?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
I deprime before cleaning, and only wipe off with a paper towel after case prep, thats how I do it for all my brass, including the ones i shoot to 1000yards

·
Registered
689 Posts
I tumble then re-size.....I don't want dirt on the case to scratch the inside of my die. After re-sizing, I tumble again to get the lube off, trim if required, then load as normal.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
The last step in my case prep is cleaning them, I don't want any lube inside or outside when I'm done.
I'll go along with RAMMAC's post above. If I only prepped 50cases for load development or for hunting use, I'll hand wipe the outside with a papertowel. Any larger amounts pays to put them in the tumbler. I also use dry graphite inside the case necks when resizing. A quick swipe with a 30cal. nylon bore brush on a handle removes all the residue. dozier

·
Registered
423 Posts
I will typically clean them after depriming, and if I was sloppy, clean them yet again after the rest of the prep work has been completed.

I know people say it does not matter what the brass looks like, but I LOVE looking at my nice little row of perfectly made, brilliant little speed pills!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I tumble mine twice. Once before re sizing and then again after I have done all the case prep. (trimming swaging,cleaning PP etc etc)
I want my brass to be clean. No dirty brass in my Firearms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts