M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merely wanted to let you know that I had an opportunity to speak with Clayton via telephone today as we both are taking part in a build for an individual.

A real straight shooter he seems to be with a friendly Texas attitude.

Polite, courteous and a true professional.

I do understand that some of you here have acquired a build through him and that certainly appears to be a plus for you.

Transactions just go so much better when your dealin with a feller such as Clayton.

Not actually a feedback here but just my thoughts about this individual who definately is to be commended and has my well wishes ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yup, Clayton is a good person, and a fine M14 'smith. If he tells you something you can take it to the bank.

I can't say enough good things about the job he did on the Poly he installed a USGI parts kit on for me.

He does great work, is fast in is turn-around time & his prices simply cannot be beat. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I happened to see where Clayton jumped on the Firing Line Band Wagon here today ... :D

May I be the first to say ..... "Welcome Aboard Sir" ... :wink:

Glad to have you here with us ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sixtgunr said:
I happened to see where Clayton jumped on the Firing Line Band Wagon here today ... :D

Six
Dittos! Welcome Clayton. You have a growing list of admirers here.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Anonymous said:
sixtgunr said:

Six
Dittos! Welcome Clayton. You have a growing list of admirers here.
Some a little brighter than others. :oops: That last one was me.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
BrutalTuna said:
Some a little brighter than others. :oops: That last one was me.
< nelson >
Ha, Ha!
< /nelson >

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Clayton is in the process of building my M14. When I was looking for a builder, he patently listened to all my questions and answered each one clearly and intelligently. His kindness and willingness to help me won him the sale. My rifle will be built soon. So far I could not be happier with the service West Texas Ordnance has provided. I will post pics when she comes in and let you know how everything turned out. I am totally confident this rifle will be 100%.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings from yet another FNG. Been lurking here a bit and finally decided to join up. Freewilly and I work together... a situation which often ends up costing one or the other of us money... and such is the case with Clayton and WTO. Willy's been coveting an M14/M1A for a good while so I let him do all the staff studies and source selection stuff - then I jumped on the bandwagon. Clayton's building rifles for each of us - Willy's is an all TRW (save for the Armscorp receiver) National Match rifle and mine is sort of a hybrid between a service version and what Clayton calls his Presentation Match grade... Armscorp receiver, new Wilson barrel, all matching Winchester GI internals, NM "tuning" and refinished GI walnut stock.

Clayton was a pleasure to talk with on the phone - very informative and great to deal with. Can't wait to hold my new prize and put it through its paces.

Fabulous site you got fellas - it's good to be here.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Welcome aboard mdshooter, glad ta have ya here. both you and freewilly be sure to post pics of your M-14s when ya get them. Thanks for the compliment on the forums. We are always open to suggestions on how we can make it better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello all,

thank you very much for the warm welcome. freewilly and MDshooter, your rifles are coming along very well. Will email you both a progress report soon.

Things are going very well, right now, and I've just made another fairly large purchase of M14 USGI parts, which means there will be more rifles! Also, this is a little out of character for me, as I like iron sights, but there may be a new scope mount design coming out from me sometime around the start of next year. I've been looking at what's on the market, and have seen some good kit but have also seen some shortcomings. I think I've got an idea that may work quite well, and will be building a prototype very soon. if all goes well, I plan to upgrade my machine shop to CNC capabilities at the end of the year, which would allow me to make a production run of these mounts if they are well received. As of now, I have a manual mill the works well, but is not suited for a production run.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Cool! There are a bunch of scope eyed shooters on this board that will be chomping at the bit waiting for the unveiling :D :D :D I like you am an Ironsights kinda person, but ya never know, my DMR might jest want a new mount when the time comes.... :D :D

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome aboard mdshooter and as always ... we're glad to have ya join us here.

Sounds like the wheels are definately turnin' down Texas way ... :wink:

Keep up the fine work you have been doing and do keep us posted as time permits ... :D

Six

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Clayton:

Welcome Aboard! Yep, a howdy all the way from Hawaii! Can't miss this chance to say "Glad to have you aboard"...

I think you will find some interesting company on this board... One thing that we all have in common is that we all like them "Battle Rifles"... :lol:

A new scope mount? Count me in... My eyes are so old, that I can hardly use the irons... so a scope is more my speed... another mount would be GREAT!

Aloha, Best Wishes and Welcome Aboard.

Tom O.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.