M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clark has a link to Zenni Optical on his web site for cheap glasses. I usually don't pinch pennies when it comes to my eyes, but Clark is a straight shooter so I gave them a try. Input your prescription info, pick your frames and you're on your way. Two weeks later I get my memory titanium frames, G10 tinted, anti scratch, no-line bifocals, delivered-----for $48.00. Too good to be true ? Nope. The work is done in China, so if that is a problem for you go to Lenscrafters. The glasses are great, and I'd be happy with them if I had paid $300. For $48 I'm VERY happy with them. Check it out.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Thank you! I found a set of frames that are pretty much the same as mine.... Crazy cheap and made of memory Titanium too. Now alls I need to do is get my eyes examinedGI2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My optical guy didn't put the distance between my pupils (65mm) on my prescription when I got my exam. Have yours give you that dimension---or you can measure it pretty accurately yourself. Use a felt tip, look straight ahead and have some face you and put a dot in front of each pupil, the measure the distance between the dots.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
I prefer saddle bridge aviator glasses. I'll be getting two pair delivered for $70. One pair tinted & the regular glasses with 1.61 index to reduce glare when driving at night.
Eye exam tomorrow so will order tomorrow & let everyone know how this comes out.

Basic glasses are only $19 if I went that route.

HH

·
Registered
95 Posts
Glasses

I ordered a pair almost a year ago for about 15 dollars from Zenni. I have pretty good eyes, just had a hard time reading a professors horrible handwriting(numbers at that). They worked fine for me, looked nice, looked a little funny on me, but that was because I have never worn glasses. Overall happy with such a minor investment. I have thought about wearing them for shooting to see if they help.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Clark is most likely the best thing Atlanta has going for it nowadays..he is the man!!!

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
As much as i DO love the High Priest of the Church of the Painful Truth, Clark actually saves me and my family money with his advice. Boortz just entertains me...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another satisfied customer

I sent my first order to them when the oplical shop wanted $700 for the bendable titanium progressive frames and lenses that I wanted Got them for $69 delivered in 3 wks with clip on sunglasses . Since then my wife has ordered progressive and computer lenses for pennies
Fred

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.