M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
937 Posts
The proper description of that conflict is better described as the WNA (War of Northern Aggression), or WSI (War of Southern Independence), but for sure is best described as The War Between the States.

Reactions: wbm

·
Banned
937 Posts
WNA/WSI Related

HAHAHAHA!!!!... I knew that I would liven up the thread up with my earlier comments.
Yes the South lost!!.. Exactly… And in the long term it was better that the Union was restored. But you must realize some of today’s societal problems in America stem from the punitive actions of the U.S. Federal Government against the former Southern States. And racial prejudice was rampant in the north just as it was in the south for years afterwards.

And I stick by words and I agree with Charlene32's comments. What was said is true. But that aside, the pictures shown are great. Some I have seen before, some were totally new to me.

You know, I have done some WNA reenactment and IWP cavalry reenactment in my past. And as a result all of those pictures make me think of what were the smells like, (the stench of death had to be overpowering), the sounds and the verbal lexicon of our predecessor’s voices of how they communicated with each other back then, etc, etc.

But it also disturbed me to see the PC adaptation of "African Americans" imposed on what was being done by what were black slaves at the time. Call it what it was back then. A historical fact, no more no less. I’m in no way saying it was right, but it was exactly that, Black slaves performing slave labor. Those poor Black folks were slaves at the time, period, a historical fact…..

Reactions: glockshot

·
Banned
937 Posts
History and Pride....

I'm glad we can agree the south lost. It's long over.
Yes long over....

Well I don’t think any of us here will ever contest that fact. A fact of history, that the C.S.A. was conquered by a belligerent invading nation from the north. But no matter what, I’m still very proud of the fact that both of my GreatGreatGrand Pappies, fought and Soldiered as Confederate “Legs” during said WNA… One was a member of Co. E, (Calhoun Rifles) 2nd Mississippi Infantry Regiment, the other a member of Co. G, 16th Alabama Infantry Regiment. One was captured at Gettysburg on July 1st 1863 and spent the rest of the conflict at Ft. Delaware as a Union POW. After the events at Appomattox Courthouse on April 9th, 1865, both GreatGreatGrand Pappies did their best to escape the repressive and punitive measures of “Reconstruction “ by immigrating to the IT = Indian territory. There to rebuild their lives anew and start families. They volunteered, know one offered them a cash “bounty” =

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/75684/Bounty-System

http://www.civilwar-pictures.com/articles/civil-war-art/civil-war-posters/

Yeppers the South did loose, a historical fact, but it will never every diminish or erase my pride in my Ancestors. Both who volunteered, fought, lost and then swore their oath to the Union and moved on with their lives.

It would appear some “Yankees” still hold a grudge it would seem??RNGR3USN2GI2

Best Regards to All, IC2(SS)19Z50C5, Colorado born and proud of it!!!

Reactions: Charlene32
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.