M14 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my sight set on an older Belgium Citori, and was wondering if they all have automatic ejectors. The particular gun I'm looking at is a 30" with briley chokes.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
before laying down your money, be sure of what your buying. ALL citori's are and have been made in the miroku plant in japan. the superposed is the belgium made gun. they are 97% the same shotgun, both good quality, but differing values depending on which exact model of either gun. AFAIK all citori's have come with auto ejectors, but some people have been known to disable them. also before buying make sure you understand how to check for action tighness, and locking lug wear (most people say to look at the top lever, but thats only a small portion of it). a worn locking lug will run around $200 to have rebuilt, and 98% of gunsmiths dont know how to do this.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
If that ol Citori snaps when you pull the trigger and cracks when you open it you're good to go. Yes they are all autos unless modified.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the replies. Yes, I will be using it for sporting clays, trap and maybe bird hunting once in a while. I've always wanted a Citori but have always convinced myself that my other shotguns were all that I needed. There is just something about the elegance of the Citori. The gun that I buy will be a working gun, not a grade 8 that I would be afraid to shoot and would cost $$$$$$$. It's good to know about the modifications and lock up, something I will definitely look for. Last week I shot my buddies Citori and busted 10 out of 10 birds while shooting sporting clays. Although, I did great with my A-5, the Citori just seemed right for the job. Am I correct in looking at a 30" for my intended purposes? Thanks again for all the responses and suggestions.

·
Registered
684 Posts
;) o/u

My '57 Belgium made has ejectors. She is a little rough outside but tight and has great 30" bbls and bores, no removable chokes but it's the first 12g I have enen had a chance on doubles with. Just don't do this enough so I'm letting her go this month I think. I'll still have my 1942 Winchester 1897.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My '57 Belgium made has ejectors. She is a little rough outside but tight and has great 30" bbls and bores, no removable chokes but it's the first 12g I have enen had a chance on doubles with. Just don't do this enough so I'm letting her go this month I think. I'll still have my 1942 Winchester 1897.
[/IMG]
Wow, nice looking Citori. Yeah they do swing nice don't they? How do you like the 30" barrels vs. 28"?

·
Registered
684 Posts
;(

As little as I shoot trap or field I couldn't tell you thats why I'm selling this old dear. I have a lot of wierd offers so maybe I should have asked more,,,LOL. I already have a rototiller,,,ha ha.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Superposed and Liege= Belgium
Citori= Miroku, Japan

The Citori, while considered by Browning purists when it came out to be "Japanese junk" and the beginning of the end for Browning, turns out to be a fine shotgun. The same happened with the Auto5, and the Miroku version ends up being tighter and at least as well fit as the Belgian A5. I've grown up with Brownings, and they don't make a bad one. (Although the BDM was the worst pistol ever devised, quickly discontinued though)

My favorite bird killing machine is a 410 Citori, and there aint a type of bird it aint killed a limit or two of.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My Citori, bought used, has been a great gun. Extremely tight, very fine metal-work and machining. Wood is beautiful. Only came with a knick on the sight rail and a stock. Never any functional problems, have probably shot it 1000 times since I bought it.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
then you probably have a lot of life left in your shotgun. most citori's if properly lubed and cleaned will go in excess of 200,000rnds before the locking lug needs to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
then you probably have a lot of life left in your shotgun. most citori's if properly lubed and cleaned will go in excess of 200,000rnds before the locking lug needs to be rebuilt.
That is impressive.

I love my Belgium A-5 light twelve, 870's and S x S's, but have always wanted a browning OU. I found a Citori 12 ga. 28" (invector +) lightning with about 300 rounds through it recently and plan to use the heck out of it for upland game, trap, skeet and sporting clays. I don't know if I will ever get 200,000 rounds through it, but I promise to do my best to accomplish that.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Mentioning side by sides, I had the pleasue of carring a Browning BSS in 20ga on a fine Geogia quail hunt a few years back. They are fast swingin little dudes.

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
Mentioning side by sides, I had the pleasue of carring a Browning BSS in 20ga on a fine Geogia quail hunt a few years back. They are fast swingin little dudes.
Now I'm getting jealous again! GI2

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice, I have a 311 in 20 ga. that is just a great upland bird gun. Because it's light and well balanced, I most enjoy shooting fast flying dove with it. Lke your Browning BSS, it swings fast and has a great range with the full and modified barrel combination. This upcoming dove season should be a hoot, we're getting invaded by "Eurasian dove" from South America/Mexico, and there is no limit on them. The things are huge, the size of pigeons. I guess they are in competition with our local home grown dove, so we can shoot as many of them as we want during the season. As big as they are, they should eat like a turkey. DI2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts