M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha All,

I have managed to get my hands on a few Early M1A's or Devine rifles and my THANKS go the to membership of this forum!

SixTGunr was the main "HEADS UP" person for me and helped me acquire quite a few M14 type rifles.

Today, I got another "heads up" from Oldmobiler who told me about a local (Hawaii) sale of a Devine... So, I pursued it (the seller being an old acquaintance of mine)... and "Lo and Behold"... he was right on the money! And, to make it even SWEETER... it is serial number #0000376! The significance of that is... I already have #0000377! Yaahooo! I ain't hollered like this in quite a while!

So I am hot pursuit of this rifle! Being Christmas, I need to take care of family business, but I plan on getting this rifle right afterward.

Wow! Very Cool! Thanks again Ante (Oldsmobiler)!

Aloha and Happy Holidays,

Tom O.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
TomO....You dog you....

Consecs on the Devine guns is indeed a rarity.
Congratulations is too small of a word. Well done indeed Sir!

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
When R you coming to Maui?

Where we really let you shoot your guns!!

Merry Christmas Brah!GI6

·
Registered
165 Posts
Envious, but really happy for you. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I don't care what numbers ya throw out there Dig ...

The 'Best of the Best' is ....

000050 as in Hawaii Five-0 GI2GI1

Out

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was in such a good mood today too! UGH! :) Well look out because I am on my way to the Island come Jan 4th! Well the good person in me says...CONGRATS! :)

Ms.Devine

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aloha and Thanks for the Well Wishes!

M1A #0000050 will always be the "flag ship" of my small collection... 5-0 just sounds cool! And, being able to call it "Hawaii 5-0" is the ultimate for me!

But I am excited about getting this new rifle... I've been inactive with my hobbies for such a long time... and this now put renewed "vigor" in my hobbies and interests!

Feels good too... I haven't had anything to post or report on the forums for a VERY looooong time!

Thanks again everyone... GI6

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
What is this - April Fools??

Without pictures ... it didn't happen!!

Bro....If Tom O says it's so, bank on it. I don't know how they say it on the Islands, but it Texas it's "You aint from around here, are ye boy?"....GI2 LOL...

Heak, he's right TomO, let's see the whole flock when you get them together for a group pose!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Bro....If Tom O says it's so, bank on it.
You Got That Right ...

If the Dig says it's gonna rain ... You had best bring the umbrella ...GI2

The Dig's integrity should NEVER be questioned ...GI5

You been here bout years Dave ... you should know the Hawaiin by now ,,, LOL

And when he gets it done .. you'll see pix .. GI1

Six

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow.GI3

If you don't mind, please post pics of the heel marks of #50 and #376 when you get it. I've got a reference file where I save pics of M1A/M14 heel marks of all different makes and variations, and I am trying to get as many Devine pics as possible. I've already got one of #377 saved.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
#50 and #*** when you get it.
Don't know bout that other one but I sold him the Five-0 years ago ...

He already has it ...

Heck .. I have tons of pix of five-0 someplace here ...GI1

I sold Tom # 529 too

Six

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Of the rifles that I already have, I got lots of pics of Hawaii 5-0 already up on my web. Go to http://www.dighawaii.com .

I have lots of pics of 000529 and 000710 but have not made time to post them on the web site. I have not shot pics of #000377 in any detail... I was figuring that I would post all of the "old M1A's" or Devines when I had time but now I will get to inlcude #000376.

Log... you might also try Different's site... he had lots of pics of different receiver heel markings... from what I can remember.

Definitely, pics will come when I pick up #000376... GI6

Have a GREAT Holiday Season!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Tom O.

·
Retired
4,768 Posts
Wow, that is almost unbelievable. Devines are rather rare to begin with, but to get consecutive serial numbers is just fantastic. The only problem there is how do you ever sell just one of them...???

And a Merry Christmas to you too, (although Santa came early for you).GI1

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
About Time

Don't worry folks....its about a 30 minute drive for me going 75 mph up H-3 Freeway when I get to see #376. I saw #377 in a nice Tiger Stripe stock and I am sure she'll (#376) will be all dressed up as well.

Hey Tom........Glad you got a quicker.....picker upper and your back on the saddle with the M14/M1A's again.

Congrats on another Devine find.GI1

Till the next visit to your shack to see #376......Have a Merry Christmas.!!!!GI2

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congratulations!

Right on Tom, congrats on the find, thats an amazing story on how it matches up with your other rifle. Your already awe-inspiring collection is even that much more special, what an awesome "Christmas present"! and to think you found it down here? WOW!again congratulations, and have a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like the Hawaiian guys (Lester and Jon) are here... GI6 I'm normally a private person... but both these guys have been over to the "shack" to yak about... You guessed it... M14's!

Unbelieveably, Hawaii has some nice M14 type rifles!!! An old time member Amaze (Greg) snapped up a very nice Smith Enterprise (forged) match gun which had me in envy and drooling from (of all places) Hawaii... he surely got the "drop" on the locals here! GI4

And I would have missed this one if it weren't for Oldsmobiler! Boy, I'm glad to be in some really AWESOME company! Hats off to you guys! :ARM37:

And I am especially happy to get this rifle right here in my own back yard! GI6GI6:ARM34::ARM34::ARM34:

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

Tom O.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Awesome! That's perfect. I've now added them to my file, and I've got pics of 21 Devines.

I've been collecting heel mark pics for awhile now, so I've already searched through Different's site on multiple occasions. Great resource.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts