M14 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slowly piecing together an AR for my old man Christmas. With nearly all the parts received. I decided to start assembly. Everything went together good except a minor detail. The A4 upper rail was not flush with the rail on the hand guard. Took it to a buddies of mine who stocks AR parts to have looksy. Decided to try another upper, which provided same results as before. The .0625 rise from the upper to the handguard was not worth trying to fix as it was only going to be used for plinking pesky varmints from the comfort of a house window. During the reassembly, it happened, trying to align the holes for the gas tube, PING!

Damn near puked, I thought i just ruined a 16" Stainless barrel!

Called the machine shop I bought it from and they said no problem send it back we will fix it for free. So other than postage and time, I would say I ended up pretty lucky.

http://www.craddockprecision.com/

Anybody have this happen to them?

Other than possible over-torquing any other possible causes?

Thanks

-nk

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Something here just doesn't sound right..... With the A4 upper rail out of spec and the overloading / shearing of the pin I would question the spec's of the upper. What brand are the parts?... Photos?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts