M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOVERNOR CHRISTIE VETOES

GUN BAN / MAG BAN!

Today Governor Christie vetoed A2006 / S993, legislation that would have banned firearms magazines larger than 10 rounds and would have banned an entire class of popular .22 caliber semi-automatic rifles. The veto marks the end of the road for this legislation for the 2014-2015 session.

"After months of intense battle over this misguided legislation that won't stop another crime or prevent another tragedy, we are grateful that Governor Christie has heard the voice of the outdoor community and ended the discussion," said ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach. "The Governor clearly recognizes the difference between legislation that punishes violent criminals vs. legislation that targets the rights of law-abiding citizens."

PLEASE THANK GOVERNOR CHRISTIE TODAY!

Please thank Governor Christie today for his veto of A2006 / S993. You can call the Governor's office at 609-292-6000, write him at P.O. Box 001, Trenton, N.J. 08625, or send an email using the online contact form (select "law and public safety" from the drop-down menu, then pick any sub-topic).

And thank YOU for weathering this months-long storm of attacks on gun owners along with us. It is because of YOUR actions, YOUR calls and letters, YOUR attendance at hearings, and YOUR refusal to give up no matter what the odds, that today's outcome was possible.

Although today's action marks the end of a long and very arduous battle, the fight is far from over. Lawmakers will be back after the November elections, and will continue their relentless attacks on legal gun ownership - and it will be up to gun owners to continue to defend freedom.

Please watch for future alerts and updates!

Click here for online version of this alert

The Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs

is the official NRA state affiliate in the Garden State

ANJRPC | PO Box 353 | Pompton Plains | NJ | 07444

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
I'm happy for the handful of true gun owners in NJ, but Christie the Hut will get no thanks from me. 5 gun control bills to every veto of one still makes him a gun grabber.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Don't worry before you know it Christie will be supporting another gun ban.
I do not trust him one bit.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
It was his only option, to do otherwise would have alienated every gun owning republican in the USA. To have a snowball's chance it was his only choice he needs something to point to and say he's a "voice of reason" . I am happy it worked out for the gun owners left in NJ. I just wouldn't break out the champagne yet . Just because a rattlesnake didn't bite you when he was in your bedroll this time , doesn't mean he won't the next . I wouldn't trust "Twinkletoes" any farther than I could pick him up and physically throw him

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
It was his only option, to do otherwise would have alienated every gun owning republican in the USA. To have a snowball's chance it was his only choice he needs something to point to and say he's a "voice of reason" . I am happy it worked out for the gun owners left in NJ. I just wouldn't break out the champagne yet . Just because a rattlesnake didn't bite you when he was in your bedroll this time , doesn't mean he won't the next . I wouldn't trust "Twinkletoes" any farther than I could pick him up and physically throw him
Good point. During primary season, he'll be touting this veto as proof that he's pro 2nd Amendment while conveniently omitting the dozen or so gun control bills he signed.

And I think a better analogy would be a hippopotamus attacking you while crossing a river.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
well good to hear.
Lruss

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Thank whatever staffer realized he needed to give Christie the low down.

I'm sure somewhere between having 3rd brunch and 3rd stint put in ....

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
They tried to veto the mag ban here as it was iligely put through and of course it was shot down. I've never agreed with the government deciding what kind of firearms we can and can't have. I would consider myself a non violent responible gun owner who never wouldever hurt anyone or anything lest I had reason. I've never been one to follow gun laws and build the kind of guns I want but I'm not stupid about it and would never use one of my guns to harm an innocent person or even an animal unless I had a good reason. I follow the laws now to a tee as far as far everyone's Comcerned. The penalties for owning illegal guns is ridiculous. For example if your a non violent stable person and are caught with an unregistered machine gun the penalties are worse than if you go into convince store and stick a gun in someone's face, there is definitly something wrong with. If your a non violent gun hobbiest you should be able to own any small arms and mags that you want. You can never trust the police to show up on time in an emergency to help you. I believe a lot of the anti gunners place a lot of false hope in that idea. Someone breaks into your house you have seconds to respond to elimate the threat. I personally wouldn't loose wink of sleep over something like tha because if I were ever to break into a house I would expect to Be shot on the spot. I've always said I'd feel worse about shooting. A good dog than a bad person

·
Registered
588 Posts
Crispie Creme needs to repeal all of NJ's bs gun laws and arrest all of those commie dems....Then he might get to be President.......................of McDonald's

·
Registered
248 Posts
Boomer sorry to see this happen to your beautiful state. Did things ever get better after magpul pulled out? O_O

They tried to veto the mag ban here as it was iligely put through and of course it was shot down. I've never agreed with the government deciding what kind of firearms we can and can't have. I would consider myself a non violent responible gun owner who never wouldever hurt anyone or anything lest I had reason. I've never been one to follow gun laws and build the kind of guns I want but I'm not stupid about it and would never use one of my guns to harm an innocent person or even an animal unless I had a good reason. I follow the laws now to a tee as far as far everyone's Comcerned. The penalties for owning illegal guns is ridiculous. For example if your a non violent stable person and are caught with an unregistered machine gun the penalties are worse than if you go into convince store and stick a gun in someone's face, there is definitly something wrong with. If your a non violent gun hobbiest you should be able to own any small arms and mags that you want. You can never trust the police to show up on time in an emergency to help you. I believe a lot of the anti gunners place a lot of false hope in that idea. Someone breaks into your house you have seconds to respond to elimate the threat. I personally wouldn't loose wink of sleep over something like tha because if I were ever to break into a house I would expect to Be shot on the spot. I've always said I'd feel worse about shooting. A good dog than a bad person

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Boomer sorry to see this happen to your beautiful state. Did things ever get better after magpul pulled out? O_O
Unfortunately things haven't gotten better but the good thing is I'm still able to get mags shipped from my brotherhood here and the other good new is the law enforcement agencies have banned together saying they will not enforce the law and there's even a shop that continues to sell high cap mags giving the female reproduction organs that voted on the stupid bill behind closed doors the finger. I have run into the chief of police of a local city and got to talking to him about guns and he flat out said his offers are not enforcing the law but yet I see so many sellers on gunbroker saying the will not ship rifle to Ca,HI,Ny, CO and a few other states and it really gets me going when the gun they have listed or any "assault" type rifle is perfectly legal in Colorado. Some of those sellers need to some freaking research before they say such stupid things, it's not NY for freaks sake, those poor guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts