M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like dam good flying to me! Who are the grunts? And why are their uniforms so clean?

This wasn't staged, was it??

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/v/aSzeM50B8hI[/ame]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tet '68..Hoc Mon, suburb of Siagon, C Co 1/5th, 25th Div, called for 'life or death' dustoff for 3 U.S. wounded. Huey, 'Dustoff 6' (Maj), aborted because of intense ground fire (there was)...Inkeeper (WO2) bounced his Chinook along the rice paddy and picked up the wounded...

·
Registered
168 Posts
well

Well its hard to say for sure but I can point you in the right direction. Afghanistan and most likely a PUCK mission(snatch and grab). Looks like they hit the guy hard and fast lots of firepower there. You see him in flex cuffs.

The uniforms are clean cause they had good intel and the guy they wanted was there, easy in easy out. Uniforms where new as the men where the SOF type and they didn not have beards. That could be for a few reasons eithr they just got in country and stoped shaving or they are Marine or Navy SF sometime you see them shaved. Not sure of when it was as that uniform was fazed out in 2006 time frame at least for the Army but SF types dont always wear what big army does.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the tail gun is an M-60 so this is old. possibly a National Guard or Army Reserve air unit as some still have 60s but i highly doubt that post 2008.

the guy with the bag on his head and flex cuffs leads me to think this was a real mission in country. they are some one special due to loadout and head gear, SEAL, MARSOC maybe even DEA agents

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nui Ba Ra mt, next to Song Be had a radio relay on top and below it was a tiny pad hacked into the side-just enough room for a hook's ass to set on with the front still flying. Wish I had pics of that.

A similar situation involved a hook with drums of Mogas loosing power and falling vertically into a village in a ravine.
Not much of anything was left.

I got a lot of respect for the chopper guys.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Never was in the military, but damn... that was some good flying... My eyes were on the blades.. they were literally inches from hitting anything. The rear gunner has good eyes for calling that... very cool vid! BEERCHUG1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts