M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
I picked this up as one of my first couple rifles. I thought it was kinda interesting and didn't have any idea/knowledge in SKS's at the time. I haven't seen another one for sale since this place I got it from sold out. I was told there were only 200 ever imported until they banned the import.

This Chinese Honor Guard SKS is completely chormed plated except the receiver and the tip of the barrel. I am kinda bummed out that they didn't come w/ the chromed bayonet. Guess they are not legal to put on the Chinese SKS. Oh well.

Here are a couple picture of it:

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/wdigeorge/Chinese Honor Guard SKS/11a5df34.jpg

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0603/wdigeorge/Chinese Honor Guard SKS/5b2ec96b.jpg

Ok, before you laugh, this is my first and only "chromed" weapon. I am not into **** Daddy type guns. LOL :p I thought the Honor Guard is ok..not as tacky as a Chromed or Gold plated AK or something.

·
Registered
846 Posts
it looks much better than the chromed m1 carbines that i have seen.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
I saw one for sale a while back and if I remember right it was spendy. I also have read that there were very small number imported. Sounds like you have a very nice collectors item there. :p :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
RE: wdigeorge "I haven't seen another one for sale since this place I got it from sold out. I was told there were only 200 ever imported until they banned the import."

There was a gentleman at the Ventura Gun show that had one for sale. His price was a bit on the high side. Very nice rifle. I think it would fit nicely next to my other SKS's!

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeff,

Sounds like the same guy I got mine from. I never met him but he's the importer of these Honor Guard SKS rifles I believe. I haven't seen them around in a long while now.

·
Registered
846 Posts
there was a display at the OGCA show this weekend. they must have had 30 different SKS rifles. the had a chinese honor gaurd SKS. had several vet bring backs too. with differnt grenade launching sights mounted. really interesting to see that many SKS in one place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honor Guard SKS

I've read some debates elsewhere about the legitimacy of these as a PLA arm.

They use them. Blade bayonet. Compare the features. The black front sight block is common to the import types I've seen before. The chrome variation seen in the pic may be a local modification for more "LCV"

Here's a pic:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts