M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to cross a couple of my passions. I mounted a C-More red dot on my SOCOM and realized I needed a riser. Well, I'm too cheap to buy one (although, if I were to pay myself for my time this thing would have run me about $80.00GI8) so I spent Sunday afternoon making one. It fits pretty well, and I'll find out this weekend how it holds up under recoil. I'm toying with the idea of attaching a pouch for a stripper clip.

·
Registered
637 Posts
That looks great!!! What a fantastic job. I would be proud of that!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I'll second that, great job!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Great job, when will you be coming out with a camo?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Where do I send Payment and what's your turn around time? That looks excellent! I've been looking for one for my soc.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really appreciate the kind words. I probably would start making these on the side....but then it would turn into a job, and I already have one of those.
I used to carve tiki statues out of palm tree stumps. Made a few for friends, and then the wife says I should start carving and selling them. Now it's a job....not fun.
Aw, who knows, it really wasn't that difficult. Maybe I can set up an assembly line and bang a few out for a TFL donauction.MCORPS1

·
Registered
362 Posts
I really appreciate the kind words. I probably would start making these on the side....but then it would turn into a job, and I already have one of those.
I used to carve tiki statues out of palm tree stumps. Made a few for friends, and then the wife says I should start carving and selling them. Now it's a job....not fun.
Aw, who knows, it really wasn't that difficult. Maybe I can set up an assembly line and bang a few out for a TFL donauction.MCORPS1
Its funny how a great hobby can turn into boring work so fast, ain't it?

If you do decide to sell a few, or set 'em up for a 'donauction' for TFL, I'll certainly take a serious look.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thats downhome SHARP!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts