M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just had a question for you guys with scoped rifles, using original G.I. type stocks.

Can a few of you respond to this post with the actual height setting of your cheek riser?

Just trying to get an idea of what the typical real world setup is. Thanks in advance.

Sdm1a

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
Mine are all at 1.5 inches but it's going to depend on scope rings and mount height.

C
Hey guys,

I just had a question for you guys with scoped rifles, using original G.I. type stocks.

Can a few of you respond to this post with the actual height setting of your cheek riser?

Just trying to get an idea of what the typical real world setup is. Thanks in advance.

Sdm1a

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey guys,

Sdm1a
What Capona said. After I got my scope mounted I experimented using pieces of foam type pipe insulation taped to the stock until I found a height that put my eye on the same level as the center of the ocular lens. That will get you in the ballpark for YOUR scope, ring, and mount set up.

Rich

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Get yourself an adjustable riser.
I think the Bradley goes up to 1.5 inches And the Tac Pro, goes up to 1.75 inches.

Problem solved.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I have a leupold scope with medium rings that sits about a 1/8" above rear sight with the sight bottomed out, I would say this is about as low as you can get with this scope, I have a Tacpro riser and it's set about an 1-1/4" off the stock.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
1-1/2" with a Nikon M-308 scope and low rings. -Lloyd BEERCHUG1

Reactions: sdm1a
1 - 7 of 7 Posts