M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be scoping one of my M14 rifles in the near future & am looking for a decent cheek rest.

The one SA, Inc. sells on their sight looks pretty nice, but is expensive. The Brownell's "scope eze" cheek rest doesn't look that bad, but I'm not sure I'd like the permanent stick on unit. Has anyone used the strap on version? Rooster's cheek rest looks nice, but I don't think it's something I'd put on a wood stock.

Any recommendations/suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts

Its a good rest for what it is. If you hump the rifle around alot, it could come off and get lost on you but it is fine for the range. What you cannot tell from a pic is that it also has a rubber/vinal base to it that prevents it from creeping along your stock.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi Quag,

The Scope EZE is one of the better "strap on" cheek rests out there! It works really well and looks fairly nice for a strap on item.

Others that I have seen or tried appear to be bulky, clumsy or to soft... this will work as what it is.

The lower ones are even more stable and firmer than the taller ones. Get the lowest one that will work for your application.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
81 Posts
dighawaii said:
Hi Quag,

The Scope EZE is one of the better "strap on" cheek rests out there! It works really well and looks fairly nice for a strap on item.

Others that I have seen or tried appear to be bulky, clumsy or to soft... this will work as what it is.

The lower ones are even more stable and firmer than the taller ones. Get the lowest one that will work for your application.

Aloha,

Tom O.
Digi is absolutly correct when he says buy the correct height. The one I showed in my pic is the tallest one. With the setup I currently have I should go down to a lower height one to be correct.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone.

I picked up the medium height scope-eze rest, I think it's 1 & 1/4" in height.

I'll have the scope mounted this week & will give it a try next weekend. Hopefully it'll work for me, but if not I'l just pick up one of the SA cheekrests.

I'll look at one of Rooster's thumbwheel cheekrests for a synthetic stock, but I just don't think it'd go well on a wood stock.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Quagmire,

This is what I ment by a Thumbwheel cheekpiece...

and Graco hardware.

I can do the installation, but I'm backed-up right now. I am installing a turn-wheel on a Walnut Supermatch stock. The customer had started it himself and ran into the top storage tube. My install on his stock includes a bit of reconstruction, including making a new comb, and refinishing the stock. Sorry for the confusion in terms.

Take Care,

Tony

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OIC...

That's a little more in-depth than what I was looking for. Would probably be really nice though.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Hey Quag,
I also have a Blackhawk but its a different style ...

It very solid and if you really "get on" the 5050 cord it tighens down nicely. I also made a small 1/16th slit on the back Lower corner and I slid an allen key in there for my ARMS mount. 8)
It sits flush and you cant even tell its there. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.