M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
cheek piece

Kipling,
I use the strap-on Scope Eze product from Brownells. It works well for a non-permanent installation.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=15487

The other option is to just modify your stock with a built up cheek piece.
I did this on a GI fiberglass with a wood block and a little Bondo.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I also use the Blackhawk pad. I love it, if you need to raise up your cheek for a scope you can fold one of the included adjusting height pads and that will give whatever height you need with a slightly tacky surface for a great cheekweld.

·
Banned
2,159 Posts
Well, FWIW, I've used 3 types.

The military leather (lace on) and it works good.
The blackhawk is nylon and an adjustable lace on type and should do fine as well.

If ya have a fiberglass stock and want a permanent one, the fiberglass build up may be the way to go. You can also add a stick on pad.

I've also installed the rooster with no problems and it's adjustabe too.
A stick on pad would help with this also.

Looks like you may need more than 1 stock (or rifle) soon.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Warbird,

Is the military leather lace-on the M-1 Garrand cheekpiece and does it still work ok for an M-14 without throwing your spotweld too far to the left ? With Respect - Moose

·
Registered
133 Posts
Kipling,

All good suggestions, it just depends on what your shooting needs are or if you want a military look/function. I just installed a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 LR/T M1 on my LRB/TRW NM medium heavy, with a Jeff Frick custom camo stock, and to finish it off I added a Blackhawk cheek piece and Blackhawk padded scope cover. These pieces really added the final touch to my "mean green sniping machine". The Blackhawk items are extremely well made, good looking, and surprisingly inexpensive. The padded scope cover has a carry handle and is one rock solid unit.

As an alternate, I have a Smith Enterprises black cheek piece that attaches with velcro straps. The Smith item is a little more expensive but feels better on the cheek. It does mount a bit lower on the comb for my needs, but then again, it depends on the individual. This is the exact same cheek piece, only in desert camo, that Smith Enterprises installed on all of the recent "Crazy Horse" M14s they built for the Army. I have the Smith piece on a wood stock for the picture, but it will probably go on my next LRB "Crazy Horse" build.

Here are the pics:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.